The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How much have you spent in magic ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2006, tigerman21345 wrote:
Just want to know how much have you guys spent in magic. I bought tricks/DVDs which I guess I've used about $600-$700. Well, that's so much money for me but use maybe 50% of them only.

I saw the trick/DVD in some demo video at some magic website and if I like it, I order it. I also bought some things which some people said it's excellent, but for me, it's not.... I must say I bought SO MUCH that I don't need and that does not suit me.

So, how about you? How much have you spent in magic and how many of them do you use? Smile

I can tell you right of the bat that I too am afflicted with Acquisition Disorder. Every time something on the forum has been touted as a must-have, I succumbed to temptation and bought it. I have learned to control myself. I now have a full shelf of magic books and another of DVDs, yet I go back to the same few that are my core sources. I have 17 excellent books that I have not yet bothered reading. I have probably spent in excess of $2000-$2500 and kick myself whenever I think of it. You have to try and control yourself; keep reminding yourself of the wasted money spent on things that do not really interest you.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Several, several thousands of dollars over the years. Ten? maybe upwards of twenty?

My weakness is old books. They can get VERY expensive, very quickly. I've got over 300 books of magic, and while that's a trivial collection compared to many collectors I know personally, it's been a very fulfilling, if expensive journey for me!

Magic memorabilia is another collector hobby of mine, although since the prices of magic "ephemera" has really gone through the roof in the past 10 years or so, so I haven't been collecting as much of that as I once did.

As far as props go? Well, I try to buy the best tools I can afford, and I don't really go in for the latest "Hot New Thing®' in magic. So I've got a small, but beautiful assortment, which grows on a monthly basis...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How much have you spent in magic ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL