The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Elevating the birthday child (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, Are there any low tech, portable, self buildable props for making the birthday kid float a bit. I don't mean fly round the room, just a bit off the ground might be great. Great for publicity photos I would have thought.

Regards Alan
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Flying carpet or the chair suspention, but they are cheaper to buy than to build. Nice, small & portable. I have built levitations and by the time you finish it is just as cheap to buy a good used one.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I agree with MrMysic. Both are easily carried in an automobile and both work! Flying carpet is even mailable!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Mrmystic and Mr. Sanders have given you good advice. I have a Flying Carpet and would recommend it.

Regan
Mister Mystery
zambo
View Profile
New user
montreal
8 Posts

Profile of zambo
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 00:05, mrmystic wrote:
Flying carpet or the chair suspention, but they are cheaper to buy than to build. Nice, small & portable. I have built levitations and by the time you finish it is just as cheap to buy a good used one.

don't you need a minimum amount of space between you and the audience to perform a magic carpet?
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Although not compleatly angel proof you don't need a great deal of space. Flying carpet works fine for living room performances.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
One problem with the Flying Carpet illusion in a birthday party setting is getting it in and out with people all around. Unloading, setting it up, tearing it down, and loading it without revealing anything is sometimes difficult to do with curious onlookers all around. Angles can be a problem also.

There have been several discussions about this here at The Magic Café. There were some excellent ideas in those threads.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Elevating the birthday child (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL