The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where would Doug be now?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
All thi talk about Doug makes me very nostalgiac. I remember the first effect I saw him perform..the fickel nickle...and I was instantly hooked!

Video tape was fairly new back then, and the only tape I have of his shows is the one with Anne Jillian and Bruce Jenner.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I never saw Merlin, but here is a TV ad for it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJd8yWROFpM&a......0henning

I can't come close to Blairs collection, but in addition to the standard programs, magazines, and playbills, I have a couple of tickets from when I went to see him, 26 copies of the Magic Show album, four signed and several of which are white label demos, fifteen or twenty photos and transparencies, four different posters, a Spellbound handbill (Blair...), and thirteen hexaflexagons. I realize that the whole Magic Show album thing smacks of "Conspiracy Theory" and the Catcher in the Rye books, but what can I say...

Whenever I watch the Magic Show DVD I want to jump up and cheer!

Several magic dealers told me that shortly before his death, Doug was in their shops or talking with them on the phone, buying the latest stuff. What a loss!

Back to the original question, I'm not sure what he would be doing now, but I know he'd be doing it better than anyone else, and with that eternal smile!

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yup! That irresistable boyish grin!

Another member let me in on the secret of how he made his eyes look like they were flashing fire. He took little sequins or rhinestones and used surgical glue to glue them to his eyelids. That way every time he blinked, and the flood lights would hit those gems, ZAM!! It looked like his eyes were sparkling or flashing fire!

Brilliant!

I just got back from Abbotts annual flea market and auction, and it was worth the entire trip just to pick up that valuable tip!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where would Doug be now?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL