The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Videos and DVDs that teach effects with ungimmicked cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkusC
View Profile
New user
Australia
14 Posts

Profile of MarkusC
I’d like to get started in card effects, but I only want to learn those which do not use gimmicked cards. In other words, I want to be able to borrow a deck of cards and use it to perform.

I’m not a big fan of books as I need to see what’s being done, so what videos or (preferably) DVDs are out there that teach effects with ungimmicked cards?
Smile
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I would think seriously about getting Ammar's "Easy to Master Card Miracles" if you are looking for some great tricks.

Daryl has a great collection of sleights (some tricks are included) as well as a vast collection of card revelations - something to think about, but may not be for the beginner.

Finally, Brad Burt has a video set on cards that is my favorite! He's a great instructor.

I'm sure there are more titles you could buy, but these are the ones that I own and from my experience I'd have no trouble recommeding them to a fellow magician!

Cheers!
William Holcomb
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
I started with a tape from ETMCM from Ammar and I liked it. There are some great tricks on there, so check it out.

Niels
dsnowmon
View Profile
New user
Ohio's North Coast
63 Posts

Profile of dsnowmon
Ammar's ETMCM series and Bill Malone's On the Loose series have some very nice ungimmicked routines. There are a few gimmicked routines, but they are not the majority. Check 'em out.

regards,

dsnowmon
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
Try ellusionist.com.

The Crash Course video will teach you some good basic tricks and handling.
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Yup, I agree with cardboy. Ellusionist's Crash Course will cover quite a bit on cards, but if you don't mind some non-cards magic, it has a couple other good videos, too.
Trevian
View Profile
New user
Omaha, NE
9 Posts

Profile of Trevian
I recently bought Dante King's 'Practical Methods' video from his website in downloadable format, although you can get cd's/etc from him as well. I've learned a lot of good sleights from it that ranged from (what I consider) easy to fairly difficult.

As I'm a very visual learner, too, I was pleased to see that he goes over each effect many times and from lots of different angles. It helps if you know some of the most basic sleights first, but I've found it to be a great value. None of the effects used gimmicked cards, which is good, because I don't own any (yet...my magic budget isn't really huge right now Smile )
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Simon Lovell did a video called "The Dog-Eared Deck", which was magic you could do with any deck of cards, no matter what condition they are.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Videos and DVDs that teach effects with ungimmicked cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL