The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Product Review: From Magician To Speaker By Paul Romhany & Andrew Gerard (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Product Review For: From Magician To Speaker
Produced By: Paul Romhany & Andrew Gerard
Sold By: Hocus Pocus Magic (www.Hocus-Pocus.com)
Cost: $350.00
Was It Worth It: YES

Most of us associate these two creators with their custom DVD services. I have them both and have made tons of extra money with them so I decided to give this course a chance. Having attended many marketing workshops and purchased just about every marketing course on the market, I am very happy that I decided on this course.

The purpose of this course is to provide magicians with a solid groundwork for getting into the speaking business…primarily through the use of humor related workshops. Magicians are very lucky in the sense that most of us are pretty good speakers already…we just may not know how to make the transition from magician to speaker. No matter what kind of presenations you use...this course will defintly help you.

This course is broken down into four .pdf files and one audio file. I personally find it very difficult to read from a computer…I would recommend that you take these to a Kinko’s and have them printed up and spiral bound. I had all of them printed up for around $15.00. This made it much easier to read and more importantly to “take notes” and highlight certain items.

What I really like about the course is that it is designed for not only the beginner…but also the seasoned professional. You could certainly take Paul scripted presentation word-for-word and use it “as is”…but the beauty of this package is all the extra support materials. There is enough “extra” stuff to easily customize a complete presentation of your own. I plan on using Paul’s basic “Laugh Yourself Well” presentation as an outline for my own custom presentation. My point is that the presentation is VERY flexible and the support materials make is easy to change. You don’t even have to use the same tricks…there is even a section on other tricks that you could use…I found this VERY helpful.

If this weren’t enough, the package also has two built in “Instant Author” type BOR sales books…the “Laugh Yourself Well” book and the “Corporate Joke Book”. Again you could probably use these “as is” but I feel that most will want to alter them to fit their needs. I have already started working on a smaller version for my presentations.

Finally, Paul also includes and audio file of him presenting this to a group. It was nice to be able to get an idea of how this program plays for a real crowd.

All in all I am very pleased with this product. I have paid a lot more for other programs and received a lot less! The two “instant author” books were well worth the price of the course…the “ready to use” presentations make this a no brainer!

Anyway, I hope this review helps!

Cody S. Fisher

P.S. I should mention that I have no financial ties to this project or either of the two creators...I just feel that they are putting quality materials on the maket and wanted to share my enthusiasm...
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds a little steep to me.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

For those interested in offering a "humor in the workplace" workshop it is well worth it...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I guess it's all about "perspective" isn't it?

Hey, if we could book even one more show, make one more program up-sell or sell a few of the books offered in the system he outlines to a few more of my show relationships, one could easily make well more than the measly $350.00 bucks he is selling his own insights, experience and years of mistakes for waaaaay less than the price of ONE lousy speaking gig (Waaaaaa a a a a a-a-a-a-a-a-a-y less than ‘one’ speaking gig! Like 10 to 20 times less!)

I don't have this program, system, course, (what-ever he calls it) but if I were looking for this type of program insight, I would see this as a safe investment for only the piddley $350.00 bucks he is asking for it... especially if there is some sort of guarantee. (I don't know if there IS a guarantee, but if there is... it would show me he believe in his product, his customers and that his word is good, as well as there being zero risk to the buyer. - Again, I have no idea if there is or not.)

Again, just an un-biased opinion. Don’t know him, don’t own his stuff, don’t know much more that what I read around the net… just sharing my “perspective”.

I am, as always, at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
I could not agree with Cody more. I have invested in a few other magician to speaker type marketing programs and without mentioning any names would say that what I have seen up to this point has been fairly lousy. Poorly thought out patter and cookie cutter speaches ..MAGIC..the M is for Motivation the A is for etc..It's my belief that while you could sell a show like that your audience would see right through the sham you put together and sell two days after the package arrives. Pauls experience, knowledge and most importantly passion for what he does as a speaker shines through and inspires me to put the thought and routining into speaking that it deserves,not just copy it word for word, though it is written in such great detail of course you could. Not only is this an incredible road map to making the transition towards being a speaker the course is jam packed full of tips, insights, plans of attacks and of course the copyright free material you can alter and print off as your own. Having been interested in taking the leap for a few years now and from all the research I have done this is without a doubt the clearest and most inspiring course that has ever been sold on this subject. As far as the Deans "Perspective" with no disrespect, "money back guarantees to show his customers that his word is good" reminds me of another bad marketing course and desperate birthday party magicians haggling over 120 dollar shows, meaning where I am from that kind of philosophy inspires a sense of cheap in a client, not confidence. Paul clearly knows the value of this work and should stand behind it 100% and with full confidence as should others who share years of performance knowledge, heart, soul and insight with others in thier field through a marketed product. This is great material and in my opinion a little to cheap. I have invested over $700 US for similar products and been really dissapointed. As Cody says, this really is a no brainer. Thank you Paul for putting this together for us it really is fantastic !

Bro
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

I agree with Bro for agreeing with me...

Cody S. Fisher

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Many thanks for your thoughtful comments and insights Cody, Bro, and Dean.

Any more objective review on what sounds like a very valuable product for the "right" Motivational Magician?

So far it sounds great. Paul has a wealth of proven experience and advise to share,.
The many sub-contents of the entire package seems extensive and highly practical. Still, I wish that a few DVD clips of Paul giving his presentation were included. I enjoy learning by reading, watching and listening, not just reading and listening.

On a related note, it has been suggested by other highly experienced Motivational Magicians that the themed workshop of "Humor in the Workplace" has lost it's luster and appeal since it has been offered now in the corporate milieu for so many years.

Instead, it is recommended that the aspiring Speaker/Magician, develop a scripted presnetation that is founded on their particualr area(s) of expertise (ie. Fundraising, Networking, cold-calling, etc.).

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Also, how would Paul Romhany's package on Speaking compare with Steve Hart's (magic2motivate.com) material on this same subject?

I look forward to input on any or all of the above.

Many thanks.

Jonathan

Sincerely,
Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The members of this forum that have provided their own very positive reviews of this product on this thread have been of great benefit as I reflect further on my decision to purchase this product.

I've also had the pleasure of speaking to Paul directly via e-mail and was very impressed with his quick,candid, and encouraging (with out "pushing")replies.

Many thanks to all.

Sincerely,

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I'm please to say that I've received my From Magician to Speaker package from Paul and look forward to studying the materials and integrating them into my future seminars.

Thank you Paul(and Andrew) for sharing this valuable information. And thanks also to "Bro", "the Dean", and Cody for your encouraging reviviews.

All the best.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I'm sorry to bump this up, but I just wanted to share how it's done for me.

Within a month of picking up the paul romhany magician so speaker course, I had the tools to go out and market myself as a speaker. Another month and I had my first gig, and now half my performances are professional speaking engagements.

He gives you a toolkit, and ready to modify information products, that you can upsell to make a lot more. I routinely manage to add 25% to my price through BOR sales of materials included in the romhany course.

Also consider picking up the wealthy speaker package, but it's more generic and not as specific as the romhany course. Romhany has my highest recommendation.

Also - when I've had questions, I've just shot paul an email via the address posted in the package, and he's been hugely open with information, guidance, and experience. I made and am making money with this - simply!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Hill,

I'm glad you brought this post back up.

The past 2 weeks I've been researching which "Speaker" package to buy. I feel overwhelmed! I've been trying to make a decision between Paul's 'From Magician to Speaker', Steve Hart's course, Jane Atkinson's 'The Wealthy Speaker' package and Darren LaCroix's package.

Maybe I should invest in Paul's ($350), then Jane's ($147).
The money's tight which is creating the hesitancy to buy.

Any more feedback you can offer?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-04-13 23:01, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
I agree with Bro for agreeing with me...

Cody S. Fisher

I agree with Cody for agreeing with Bro for agreeing with him...

At first glance $350 sounds steep for any magic item especially from someone who never had an inclination to buy. Most of the thought process by magicians is, "let me get this just to see what it is ..." and they never use it. So, when an item for over the impulse purchase price of, say $14 comes along it's deemed excessive.

If you work corporate you know that $350 is a drop in the bucket of life and of "magic items on the shelf."

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Product Review: From Magician To Speaker By Paul Romhany & Andrew Gerard (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL