The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic quarter problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I need a magnetic quarter to use with CMP but I am having trouble finding one that matches the steel core quarters I already own. My steel core quarters have Oregon on the tails side instead of the eagle found on older quarters. The Johnson magnetic quarters seem to all have an eagle on the tails side and that is the side that is attracted to the magnet. If the heads side was magnetic I could probably use it by not showing the tails side. Does anyone make new versions of magnetic quarters with the states on the tails side?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I'm a little confused here by the question. A steel core coin will attract to either side of a magnetic coin. There is no polarity to a steel core coin.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I'm not sure how I missed that, but your right, thanks. I have decided to attach a small Neodymium magnet to the underside of one of the steel core quarters instead of getting the magnetic quarter. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
alex_is_king_of_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of alex_is_king_of_magic
Umm ok I'm still confused but that's ok ll get through
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic quarter problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL