The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Indian Rope Trick Review Request: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Could someone kindly let me know any information at all about this effect:

http://www.magicgoods.com/IndianRopeTrick.htm

Thanks in advance!

Candini
karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
141 Posts

Profile of karvis
Hi
I bough it, 5 months ago. I performed only once, but I can tell you that I like alot.

e mail me if you want to know more about it
it would be a pleasure to inform you
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Looks like a nice trick but what an ugly table...change the table into something nicer and then you've got yourself a better looking effect.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Karvis mail acoming.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smart,

Yeah it looks like the table is made light, guess to save some expenses. I can see it as a kids effect or comedy adult but its just a guess at this point.

Candini
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 00:36, The Great Smartini wrote:
Looks like a nice trick but what an ugly table...change the table into something nicer and then you've got yourself a better looking effect.

Yes, one without that thick vertical pole going down, that would be better!
Jolyon Jenkins
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Rjenkins,

Your killing me:)

:cool:
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Has anyone else bought this or have any information about it (reliability, noise issues, etc.)?
karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
141 Posts

Profile of karvis
PM and ask me, no proble to tell you mystification
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
That table is a piece of junk, and I'm not afraid to say it.

We had that at the magic shop I worked at.
Never came close to selling it.

It broke constantly!!
It's not made to last.

And most of all, it's extemely loud.
Even if you were on a stage, you could still hear this thing.

Randi
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Thanks for the honest review Randi!
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I was always interested in this trick when I saw it at a convention a few years ago. I thought that using it in a kid show, applying the "look don't see" principal, and maybe a running gag.

I just bought this from a magic dealer off E-bay, brand new for $159 + $20. Great price. Here is the info on the unit.

As Randi said, this thing is LOUD. Almost unusable unless you are on a stage with loud music. Most of my kid shows are in client's homes...so I would have to work something else out.

The second thing is you cannot extend the rope all the way up or it will tilt. Because it is based on gravity to retract, it will wedge in the hole in the table when over extended in the tilt position. This presented another problem for me because I wanted to use the "look don't see" princpal...and would not know exactly how far the rope extends before tiliting.

These 2 problems are addressed in the instructions. This is how I know I don't have a faulty unit. The instructions say play some "mood" music to cover the noise and do not fully extend the rope or it will bind and not retract.

The biggest problem is that the rope moves on its own about a 1/2 inch at a time without pressing the remote. So in a period of about 10 minutes, the rope goes from inside the table to full extension on its own. Not good during a show. I thought that it was picking up some kind of floating radio waves in my house. I brought it to work to have our plant engineer look at it and it did the same thing there. I took out the battery from the remote to see if some radio waves were being emmited from the remote. Th rope still extended a 1/2 on its own without the battery in the remote. I'm trying to contact the manufacture to solve this. If anyone can help me solve this issue it would be great or maybe someone knows who the manufacturer is. I wrote to the guy on E-bay that I bought it from as well.

I don't want to send it back because I made some modifications that make it work much better. My plant engineer knew right away what caused the loud sound. The vibration of the motor attached directly to the wood casing with wood screws. He put rubber underneath the motor and drilled holes through the box and secured it with a nut and bolt with small rubber washers between the nut and wood casing.This reduced the noise by 90%. I was shocked.

He also added a 2nd plastic piece to the rod (about 2 " higher from the one that comes with the unit) that gets inserted in the rope which acts as a stopper and keeps the rope from over extending. These are 2 simple things that should be done to this unit and I'd like to pass it on to the manufacturer.

The next thing I'm doing is painting the pipe on the table black. I can't see why you would want to call attention to it by painting it red.

Honestly, if I can solve the issue of the rope moving on its own. I would be pretty happy with this thing...because of the modifiacations. Aside from the obvious problems I mentioned, the way its put together is pretty clever and it is not very light weight...like its going to fall apart. The table base is VERY solid.

Hopefully my other self moving rope problem can be solved so I can work it into my show.

Rich B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Indian Rope Trick Review Request: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL