The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A Lesson I Learned from David Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
David, Thank you so much. I've gotten two of your books lately and they are some of the best magic books I own. His presentations are outstanding. If half the people on the Café would take more time to READ and think about their presentations instead of asking "what' the best this and best that?" maybe they would become better magicians.

Think about the weakest point of your effect and come up with something entertaining during it. Example: There is a point in one of Regal's effects (Journey of Love) where the spectator is doing some counting and he came up with a great framework, adabtle for every performace to make this part interesting. Each time the patter would be different but you have a direction to go. Brillian! I admit, I have only created one original effect but I take pride in coming up with cool presentations. One day, I'd like to come out with a booklet of my presentations.

You don't have to be the same magician doing the same effects. Different magicians doing the same sleights but it's not what you do but how you do it.

Does anyone else have an entertainting creation for a usually boring part of a trick.

P.S. Get Gary Darwin's book of one liners for cards.
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Corrections: "Brilliant" , "entertaining", "adaptable" (Sorry, I got caught up in the heat of the moment! I'll slow down next time)

Wow, this is a first, a post corrected by the author first instead another member. Smile
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I saw the entertainting thing, and it made me let out a perverted little snicker. Don't get hung up on the spelling - you got your idea across - this isn't school.

I agree that David has some good stuff in his books, from what I have seen.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
An interesting range... from Regal to Darwin Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A Lesson I Learned from David Regal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL