The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Going past the idea stage.... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Hey Michael, I have so many ideas for new and original effects (to my knowledge), but that's all they are...ideas. Can you give some advice on how to get past the idea stage and how to come up with a method so it can actually be performed? Thanks.

-Sean
Michael Ammar
View Profile
Creative Spotlight Guest
83 Posts

Profile of Michael Ammar
Well, that's the real trick, isn't it? How to go about pulling these things, kicking and screaming, out of idea-space and into reality.

You might be the kind of person that responds better to the need to do something -- such as you need to complete the full picture because you promised the distributor that you would have 100 ready for purchase, or you need to put the final polish on the act because the competition is just 6 weeks away, or you need to find a way to do it because you've booked yourself to perform it on this Saturday evening.

So maybe you simply need to commit yourself to someone or something, so that the deadline for completion becomes a key motivator.

Otherwise, the path of least resistance is to just continue to think about things that it would be nice to do someday, without ever needing to put the difficult, final focus on something.
ChristopherD
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
71 Posts

Profile of ChristopherD
Great answer!!

I have found myself in that sort of situation by accident, and it work. Now I try to do it on purpose.
Christopher David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Going past the idea stage.... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL