The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy mans handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron89
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Cameron89
I don't get it!! I hear all this hype on how its such an amazing trick and ive learned it and tried it and it was terrible unless I am not learning the right method I don't know y its supposed to be so great.

so if you can exlain this to me it would be much appretiated.

P.S can you tell me what actually happens in the ruitine, maybe I did learn the wrong method, idk.

little help
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Welcome to the Café. You might want to do a search on this topic as it has been discussed EXTENSIVELY. Btw it is an excellent impromptu effect to perform
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
it was terrible unless I am not learning the right method

You are not learning the right method. It IS Terrific and believe me this is not just MHO.

It is taught on a manuscript my Michael Ammar, on the first Band magic DVD by Dan Harlan and in Elastrix one (amongst other places...)
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 21:02, Cameron89 wrote:

P.S can you tell me what actually happens in the ruitine, maybe I did learn the wrong method, idk.

Where did you learn it from?
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Cameron89
Welcome to the magic Café. Are you sure you have actually seen this trick done? It is very easy for the spectator to understand what is happening. Michael Ammar has a book, and DVD on it, and as Bananafish explained it has been covered extensively here at the Café.
DO A SEARCH
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Cameron89
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Cameron89
I just got Michael Ammar's manuscript from a freind and I learned the real way it was done, I did learn it wrong, now I know y its such a good trick I just have to practice it. I appologize for not reserching the effect extensivly. Thanks for your help.

Cameron
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Little changes in handling and timing of this trick can make it or break it.
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
You gotta have a patter and do it slowly. I use one about Houdini being in an insane asylum but always escaping. A psychologist gave him a puzzle using rubberbands as handcuffs. And eventually houdini found a way to break through them.
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I like this crazy effect with elastic bands. I always get reactions to it and is worth learning. Keep going and it might be the same reactions for you.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crazy mans handcuffs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL