The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Amen wardy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Did the fab fruit used to be bigger?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Although the older sets of Fab Fruit still were not large enough to fill a Paul Fox cup....atleast the ones that I own don't. I don't worry about buldges in my pants due to the way that I load- so I'm looking for a quality rubber set of fruit.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
The (slightly) older ones I have didn't fill a PF size cup either, but they were quite larger (tomato & potato) and looked good coming out of the cup. Hannah offered to replace my older fruit with the newer smaller ones. Nice offer, but I respectfully declined since I find the larger more versatile.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
If you work all the time, there is nothing worse than forgetting you left some fruit in your close-up case, then return a few days later only to discover a strange science experiment has been taking place amongst your props. Smile

That said, I have a set of the older Fab Fruit that Michael use to sell, consisting of the lemon, lime, potato and the turnip. They look and feel absolutely real, minus the smell (although the first time I saw Michael's Fab Fruit at an old A-1 convention the lemon actually had a lemon smell). Add to that, they also have the weight that one would expect from the real thing, so your handling will not look odd to an audience (as opposed to how you would handle some cheap and hollow plastic imitations which have little weight to them).

Regarding the Amen Wardy fruit - fantastic, all of it. I purchased a tangerine (to go with my Ammar lemon and lime) and it's absolutely perfect. It makes all the loads have a citris theme I guess. I also bought a nectarine from Wardy, looks and feels good enough to eat. I have no idea about their internet situation, but I purchased all my stuff at their store in Las Vegas about a year or so ago - the shop is located in the mall at Ceasar's Palace. HIGHLY recommended. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Very informative reply, Steve. Thank you.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Can anyone tell me if the faxfoods lemons will fit in a Sherwood cup?

I have the older Fab Fruit from Ammar, but there a little small and not as lemon shaped as I'd like. I also got some high-quality lemons from Amen Wardy (?) awhile back, but they are a little too big; the cup won't sit down fully.

Are there any other high-quality fake lemons out there that would fit?

thanks,

Frank
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-04-27 12:44, stannmaple wrote:
I feel, however, that I have to pay too much attention to not making noise, and I'd rather focus on my technique and not worry about noise.

I have my own solution to this, but it requires that the final loads be balls, instead of fruit. Gary Oisten had a solution in that he used latex caulk in his cups as a sound dampener. He loads cue balls and I've never noticed any talking.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-08-31 16:02, Frank L. wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the faxfoods lemons will fit in a Sherwood cup?

I have the older Fab Fruit from Ammar, but there a little small and not as lemon shaped as I'd like. I also got some high-quality lemons from Amen Wardy (?) awhile back, but they are a little too big; the cup won't sit down fully.

Are there any other high-quality fake lemons out there that would fit?

thanks,

Frank

If you look at the diameters as quoted on the FaxFoods web site, you will see that the lemons and limes are larger than tennis balls. Therefore, I suppose that no matter how you got the fruit into the cups, your Sherwoods would be overloaded.

You might consider using smaller fruits, such as strawberries.

I don't know anyone else who is making this kind of thing, but a google search might prove fruitful, so to speak.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Their list of items bears a look. If I were going to purchase any fruit from any source, I would call them and explain what the limitations I have are.

Remember, Sherwood cups won't take anything larger than a tennis ball. That's 2.57 inches in diameter. Paul Fox cups won't take anything larger than a lacrosse ball (on the lower permissible limit of diameter of same) 2.47 inches in diameter.

Bernard has some really nice figs, strawberries and plums.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Amen wardy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL