The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To good to work! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I said before that there's room for disagreement on Garfield, and the reason I said it is because I don't know what he's like when he's not in character. It sounds like he's a much nicer guy than he potrays, so I hope he lets more of his real personality come through.

Curt
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Maybe Garfield should go after this chick next;

http://www.queenoftheoddballs.com/gong_video.htm
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Anton, of course you are right. But that brings up a point about how we (performers in general) label ourselves to the public. You could have an amateur labelling themselves as a juggler, yet only does the standard shower and a few tricks (under the leg and such) with no rhyme or reason. Then you have those of Garfield's stature labelling himself as a juggler as well. How does the public tell the difference without seeing them perform? In light of these conversations, I am inclined to really start labelling myself as a comedic juggler and not just a juggler since I don't play the numbers game.

A bit off topic I know but still a little relevant.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I remember those days...after the hypnotic thereapy sessions to regain lost memories from the concussion induced coma.

great find mario
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
Not being a proficient juggler (I can keep 3 balls in the air for a few minutes but not much else) I watched both Bliss and Garfield do things I could never do, but was entertained by Bliss but found Garfield as entertaining as a face full of wasp stings! Smile

The president at my magic club keeps mentioning peoples shoes (Why should I pay interest in you if you couldn't even polish your shoes to perform for me), this kind of influences me, why should I find a man entertaining when he couldn't even get out of a tracksuit to perform. I'm still not sure why holding all the balls in your hands and pirouetting for a few seconds was hard. I can do that at least 3 out of 5 times.
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To good to work! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL