The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eye To Eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
A friend of mine just got Swami/Mantra and it has an effect called "Eye To Eye". I was just wondering if anyone has done it and has any tips. I don’t want to stick any pins in my eyes unless I’m sure of the right way to do it.
Thanks
-Kris
Smile
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I got advice on it from my opthamologist. You need to decide if your ego is bigger than your desire to take such a risk! Actually, the "pins", very small and without points, go into your tear ducts.

In my opinion, it's too small an effect to use on a stage, and I would prefer to be able to see after I do a close up trick...
Slim Price

PS, Swami/Mantra is a good book, and Krista and I cherish ours, but it ain't no bible <G>
Smile
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
The book isn’t mine, so I won't be able to check it until tomorrow, but I was under the impression that the pin is just hidden under the bottom eyelid. If I’m wrong I would love to know. And I hadn’t thought of it being a problem to vision.. If that’s the case I don’t think I'll be trying it at all.
Thanks
-Kris
Smile
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
I think a variation on this trick is to use small white beans. They obviously don't have sharp edges, and can be seen from futhter away, though not from the back of the house. I saw
Teller do this on the Letterman show.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2002-12-05 17:47, Peelz wrote:
The book isn’t mine, so I won't be able to check it until tomorrow, but I was under the impression that the pin is just hidden under the bottom eyelid. If I’m wrong I would love to know. And I hadn’t thought of it being a problem to vision.. If that’s the case I don’t think I'll be trying it at all.
Thanks
-Kris
Smile

You're very welcome!
I always have had a tendency to go for the real thing. Here's a thought... My father used to delight in sewing his eyelids together! He would do this for doctors, and be examined.
In Swami Mantra (pg 118) you are right it is faked. BTW, it calls for silver, polished needles, 1/2 by 1/16th inch.
Slim & Krista
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
Just curious, where might I learn the real thing?
And sewing his eyelids together?!? Holy Macaroni..
That must have taken some REAL GUTS.. I can't even imagine...
Thanks Again
-Kris

Smile
Gr8neSS
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
53 Posts

Profile of Gr8neSS
Sewing his eyelids together! I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. Smile

brandon
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
The black-eye bean trick is slightly different in that the bean is kept under the bottom eyelid until required to be revealed after supposedly being inserted into the nose/ear or swallowed. As Slim mentions, the pins go into the tear ducts.

I have had success with small glass balls, like small marbles. Probably safer than beans!

Tim
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Just make sure your pins are well polished and smooth. I recommend a book so you can practice. It is not the easiest trick. I have tried it some 50 times and succeeded only 3 times. But I'm getting there.
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
I just started to do this. I use unpopped popcorn kernels. I rub off the point on the end and put it under my eye lid; then I get someone to think of making popcorn, I dig to the bottom of the bowl and grab an unpopped kernel. "Hey, watch what I've been working on!" I suck it up my nostril, think sad stuff so my eyes water, and pop it out my eye!
When I feel blue I start to breath again
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Keeping on the subject of beans can you explain exactly where to place them? Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I have to agree with the late Eddie Joseph who wrote"...while you can always substitute another trick, you cannot substitute another eye."

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eye To Eye (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL