The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Improvment on Sander's Slow Burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Let me just say that Slow Burn is one of my all time favorite effect.

AS an Osterlind fan(Please read his work) this effect is what magic is all about-Doing real things with the powers we have-change paper to money!!

However I want to make this effect AMAIC(As Magical As I Can) Iwant to give the bills(all of them ) as a gift to the audience.(I use one dollars so don't panic).I do let them check the papers before the trick.

I need a motivation to do the change(no secrets up here) and change the gimmick dollar for another.

Any ideas?

Have fun
ROi
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
Try doing in the pocket change when you are looking for something or maybe by doing a rearrange of your underpanties and then your hand is going in your pocket for maybe a split second or shorter. This is using by me a long time now.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Do you mean Tamriz's Crossing the gaze?

Do you do that routine and end clean?

What are the reactions when they check the money?...

Have fun
Roi

Come on guys!

Any other ideas?

Have fun
ROi

p.s
I won the e-bay bid on the book "Body Magic" just now.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hey seriously....how important is it that you hand all the bills out? Why not hand out two of them and keep the other two, "two for you and two for me" Or you could place them away in a "wallet" and then change your mind (acting as if someone was upset that you did not share) and take "them" back out and give the bills to the specs.

C

P.S. I have been doing this effect for almost 10 years now and I have never given the bills away, nor have I tried to pretend to borrow the bills and it ALWAYS gets a huge reaction.
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Hi Spydur.

Thank for the new direction of thinking.

It reminds me what Jay Murshell said in "Secret ways of Al Baker" :

Vernon would come up with a difficult move and Al always found a way to do it simple..

Thank you Al.

Have fun
ROi

OK.

I have another question?

This is a really cool trick for close up, walk around.

I (try to ) do it on stage (20-200) and talk about the fact that people have always wanted to turn something into gold and what it would look like if that power truly existed.

How many of you guys, do this effect on stage and what do you say about it?

Have fun
ROi
Mike Lowry
View Profile
New user
Canada
79 Posts

Profile of Mike Lowry
I can't say that I've done an effect like this but a few ideas come to mind. The most simple way to accomplish this would probably be to have two of the same object. One in gold color and one in it's regular color. I know you can go to jewellers and get them to gold plate almost any object. It might be expensive depending on the quality of gold and the size of the object but if you use a small object and a low Karat gold, you should have 2 objects that you can switch for one another and turn the regular object into a gold object. It would be like a "Midas Touch" effect.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
You can get gold-plated half dollars here.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Dan Fleshman had a nice routine in one of his lecture notes that used a gold plated sixth finger. I think it may have been in his "King of Clubs" notes, but I could totally be wrong.

One other thing to realize is that it can be hard for people to tell the difference between Gold and Silver in dark lighting or distant conditions. They can see the coin and that it is shiney, but it can be hard to tell that it has changed. For this reason I prefer to use chinese coins much like a wild coin routine.

C
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
I did it on stage with paper(white sheets) to U.S one dollars and the audience ALWAYS see that they have changed.

The problem is not there-It's like to make the appriciate the effect to MAX.

ROi
uri
View Profile
New user
Israel
95 Posts

Profile of uri
Is there any reason you don't use Shekels? (method?)
As to appriciating the effect, how about doing it with a commonly found paper (newspaper, toilet paper etc.)? it may make the premise of you getting rich by magic closer to everyday life (by giving sort of an example of how you would do it).
I think toilet paper is particularly nice, since with newspaper it might be confusing to see the change because of the letters, and it is also inherently funny. Think about it- a guy walks into a public restroom, does whatever, then on the way out he gets a little richer...

I'm writing all of this without knowing the method so it may not apply, but...
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
I tried to do it with a bill of 20 shekels but dollars are much more convinient for this trick.

I use newspapaer(from thr ads in the linking ring magazine)and it's very nice.

Anyway,do You use slow-burn?

Have fun
ROI
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
No I do not use slow burn. I use "Foreign Exchange" which is a version that came out way before Slow burn and Hundy 500. Been doing it for years and I must say that I like the change a lot more.

Also check out 3-D Cash. You get a double change. And if you are doing it on stage then you will not have any of the problems that most people complain about. Although I have not had those problems (with close-up) anyway.

C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Improvment on Sander's Slow Burn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL