The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Tying Shoelace (a really for REAL review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I have been perfroming this and even my friends that "really" try to figure the tricks out are at a lost. The beauty of STS is that its so unexpected, the specs never get a chance to "set up" for the trick. Presentation is the key here and once is enough.

The Originalman
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Maybe this is a case of seeing it on video and knowing whats going to happen being totally different than getting caught off guard with it. It defintely gets points for being what I guess is called "organic." (ie that the magic happens as a natural response to the environment and situation).
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I really do like the idea of using magic to solve an everyday problem that everyone has had at one time or another. (All spectator's can relate to this) Using magic to solve your problems is what a REAL magician would do. It's how a real magician would live his life from moment to moment.

Think about it. If you were really magic (to quote Michael Ammar) what would you do? would you do card tricks? Would you make scarves appear? Maybe..but if you had real magic powers, you would USE those powers everyday to solve life's problems.

Kind of like Samantha or Jeanie. (of TV fame)

Yeah. like someone just said, this is very organic.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
Just picked up this son of a gun... It's true what the other person said a couple messages above that once you get familiar with the gimmick you start trying to find new ways to use it.

I'm actually very pleased with this... you could just have it on and its not uncomfortatble. Looking foward to perfoming this when the time comes up.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
So I have finally bought this trick and I really think it is ingenius (sp?) As a matter of fact I had a giig last night, I walked out after my introduction with my shoelace untied, blahblahblah and the trick just stunned the audience.

At the end of my act the real friggen shoelace came untied, it flopped around with everystep I took and I'm thinking to myself "Oh Sh*t!". Someone yelled out to do the shoelace trick again...what was I gonna do what was I gonna say???

I looked right at the guy and with a cocky smile I told him I was saving it for my next show.

Just didn't know what else to say, but for some reason it got a laugh.

This is a great trick! STS

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Profile of morgandollarman
I have this and let me tell you that this is a real fooler,i think it's that good that I'm gonna buy another one so I have them set up in both ( you know what? ) this is so simple but so effective that it's a must have if you perform any kind of magic.
Arthur Chiu
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Arthur Chiu
Anyone still performing self tying shoelace?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8T5mqpJ_P-/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Tying Shoelace (a really for REAL review) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL