The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A Magical Moment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
I was in Indiana not too long ago, and was talking with some teenagers.

I'd seen them all on different occasions and noticed that one of the girls wasn't acting quite like herself.

When I asked around, I was informed that her boyfriend had just recently broken up with her after a long dating relationship and that she was having a hard time dealing with it.

Later, at a convenient point, when I wouldn't draw much attention, I quietly called her aside.

I began to talk with her and told her I knew about the break-up and that I knew how she felt, and how hard it was.

I then asked her to hold out her hand, on which I placed a penny.

I said that the penny could represent how she felt about herself on a scale from one to ten.

She agreed that she felt like her life was a one on that scale and that it'd really been hard since her boyfriend had broken up with her.

I told her I understood and began to reassure her and tell her that although she felt like a one, things would turn around for the better in the end. I told her that she would be okay and that even though she felt like a one, she was still a ten no matter if she could see it or not.

At this point, I waved my wands over the penny that was lying on her hand and she watched as it instantly changed into a dime.

She looked at me and didn't know how to respond! For a second I thought she would cry, and then it appeared like she would laugh. She didn't do either, but just stood there and slowly smiled as her eyes began to brighten.

She had got the message loud and clear.

At this point, I turned around and walked away and rejoined the group, leaving her to further think about what had just happened and what I had said.

She later came and thanked me for what I had done for her that day.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Beautiful! Almost brought a tear to my eye, really. Thanks for sharing that.
Aguas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Aguas
You created a magical moment for her. BrilliantBrillian.
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
Christian,
That is definitely a REAL magical moment for her! I look at magic as a way of interacting with people on many different levels. You turned the penny to dime trick into what could have been for her a life changing event! WELL DONE!!

Michael
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
That's a nice thing to do. It's also a good example of using your head. It ain't every day opportunities like these come along.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A Magical Moment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL