The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Tying Shoelace Formal Review and FAQ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2006-07-08 12:06, KillerQ wrote:
Yea,

From the instant I saw this performed, I figured it out. Pretty Diabolical if you ask me.

Matt

Yeah, I was suprised that they marketed this trick as it was so simple to figure out and easy to construct that I thought it was unlikely that anyone would bother to order it as you could easily assemble it in a couple of minutes with stuff around your house.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Funnce,
Great review -- very clear and helpful.

CW guy
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Profile of dodgechargerrt30
Payne...although you are kind of correct I don't think EVERYONE would have what you need lying around the house to construct this gimmick HOWEVER once you make your initial purchase of the effect I reccomend going to walmart to spend apprx. 3.00 and make yourself 3 Gimmicks in under a half hour...this way if the gimmick does break..you have backup

this 3 dollar thing I speak of is probally the ONLY reason I DISLIKE THIS TRICK

you are paying the money for the DVD basically the method

however...a replacement gimmick still costs. like 10.00 last time I saw it for sale on the site PLUS SHIPPING when you can EASILY make it for under 3 bucks

this is my 2 cents

DC
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I purchased this a couple weeks ago, The gimmick makes a lot of noise, I can't see how this will work without everyone getting suspicious from the loud noise.

Not impressed. I don't think it's usable.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
The effect isn't made to be done in a library or a sound enclosure. I own this and in a bar setting or out and about in the street with backround noise it will go unoticed.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I will give it a try and see what happens.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Been doing this for years. Never had an issue with the noise of it retracting. It should all be but half a second. Practice with it.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
If you're concerned about the noise, have the spectators count with you, one, two, THREE!
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
For the noise part one can play music in a parlour setting after some tricks performed previously.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Self Tying Shoelace Formal Review and FAQ (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL