The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sponge Core Rope - A New Type of Rope for Rope Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
There's a new type of rope that has been released in the U.S.A. It is called Sponge Core Rope. I think that this new rope may be the future replacement for cotton rope. There's not a lot of information out there right now about Sponge Core Rope. I don't know what it is made out of but I think that the Sponge Core Rope is probably some type of synthetic rope so I doubt that it is made out of cotton. A couple of magic stores on the Internet are just starting to carry this new type of rope instead of cotton rope.

Here is some basic information about Sponge Core Rope:

* HEFTY 1/2 DIAMETER...handles like real rope.
* COMPRESSIBLE SPONGE CORE...allows you to palm up to a 5 ft length.
* GRACEFUL DRAPE, cuts like butter.
* KNOTS SHOW BIG - untie easily
* KNIT WEAVE means less ravel. Ends finish neat and easy.
* CORE ENDS STRIP clean and easy for mounting m****ts & gimmicks.
* BRILLIANT, NON-FADE COLORS...in red, blue, green, yellow and white.

I've never seen any Sponge Core Rope and the only type of rope that I can find out in the public is nylon or polyester because nobody hardly carries cotton rope anymore except the magic stores.

If anyone has ever done any Rope Magic with Sponge Core Rope can you tell us about its characteristics? Also, does anyone know if Sponge Core Rope can now be found in public stores such as hardware stores, WalMart, Home Depot, Kamart, Big Lots, etc. Thank you.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I bought a hank of this a LONG time ago. I cant imagine ever finding it anywhere but a magic store. it's pretty much what it reads, a rope with a sponge core.

s
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
How long ago did you buy your Sponge Core Rope? It can be bought only in magic stores? The only rope that I've ever seen in a magic store is cotton rope. I was told that Sponge Core Rope was a new type of rope so I don't know how long it's been out but I've never seen or even heard of Sponge Core Rope before.

Does anyone use this type of rope? Can you buy it elsewhere besides magic stores? Thank you.
Dai Vernon
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
At least 9 years ago.

s
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Doesn't sound too new to me. Sponge Core Rope must have been out on the market for sometime. I'm not familiar with it at all. Why isn't it more popular? Is is sold only in certain magic shops? You probably can't buy a hank of it at the hardware store. Does anyone know anything about this type of rope?
Dai Vernon
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Gerard is right, sponge core rope is not new at all. I have three hanks laying around (red, blue, yellow) that I bought from Klamm's magic 20 years ago. I bought a ton (12 50-foot hanks) of the stuff from him and am down to the three.

By the way, Klamm still carries the rope and a number of items that can only be had from him. Check it out at:
http://www.klamm-magic.com/cgi-bin/web_s......match=on
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sponge Core Rope - A New Type of Rope for Rope Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL