The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Rise with Shadow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Hi all,
My mother actually recently found me an Arne Rising Card deck at a tag sale, unopened, for $1! This is the first rising card deck I have owned, and I like it. I was playing with it here at my desk this morning, and I leaned it up against the wall and made some hand gestures for theatrics, as the card was rising. Then I noticed that my hand was casting a shadow on the wall. That gave me an idea! I leaned the deck against the wall again, and used my hand's shadow to “pull” the card out of the deck! It looked SO cool. Instead of mentally causing the card to rise, the effect is now that my shadows can interact with solid objects and manipulate them.

So, I know this has to have been thought of before. I know Criss did some shadow stuff with PK Touches, and Cyril did a shadow routine with chopsticks. But does anyone know of a published routine that uses the shadow premise for a rising card effect?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I saw a video, I can't remember where, but it was a routine where the shadow cut the cards and flicked out the chosen card from the bottom half of the deck. Very nice effect.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Edh,

If I remember correctly, Chris Angel performed Nicholas Einhorn's "Spooked" with this presentation.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Rise with Shadow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL