The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Question about American bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Hello guys, are ALL american bills exactly the same size??

I ask this for making the Hundy 500 gimmick, just bought the DVD.

Thanks for your information.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Yes
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
Yes. Also my suggestion is to make sure they're all the same COLOR. The new ones that are out, like the new $10's are orange. Its bad because the audience might get e brief flash when you're about to change 1 to 10's.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Not to disagree, but Michael Ammar noted in his Easy To Master series, that a $5.00 bill is slightly larger than a 1.00. He might be out of date by now. Just a passing thought.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
Quote:
Not to disagree, but Michael Ammar noted in his Easy To Master series, that a $5.00 bill is slightly larger than a 1.00. He might be out of date by now. Just a passing thought.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare

I did not belive this, so I pulled out a couple of ones and compared them to a 10 and the one's are slightly smaller. Learn something new everyday.
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I just did the same experiment with several $1 and $10 bills. Most of them were the same size--especially if I compared the brand new $10 with a new $1. The worn $1 bills did differ slightly. I, therefore, conclude that since the bills have a high linen content the size changes slightly depending on humidity and wear & tear.

Manoj
Manoj
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
According to the US Bureau of Engraving and Printing, all US banknotes produced since 1928 measure 6.14 inches by 2.61 inches.

Here is a link with more info about the American bill from Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar

Hope this helps. Mark.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
You may find that you will still want to trim your bills for the Hundy 500 gimmick
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Yes but like John Long said trim the bills.
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
You will also find slight variations depending on how even the Treasury cuts the sheets of newly made bills... I have five $1 notes from the 2003 Series and only two of them are the exact size.. Granted the size difference is very small...You can also observe differences on the borders around the bills.. Some are wider/skinnier than others, even on the same bill.. I compared these to other bills in my pocket, the $5 bills was the smallest by a fraction.. Maybe somebody has already been trimming the bills I have......
Oakes
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
8 Posts

Profile of Oakes
No trimming needed.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2006-06-02 14:21, leftytheclown wrote:

I don't think that Ammar actually said that. I know longer have VCR so can't look at My copy from that series but I really doubt that he said that. If he did I doubt he was serious. If he did happen to be serious just shows that not even one of the most knowledgeable magicians around is always correct.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Interesting. I've seen so many of these...question:

Has anyone bought the Heiny 500? Is there a difference from Hundy 500? I'm confused at so many $1 - $100 effects, that I wonder if the differences are minimal. I'm not looking for the method. Just the differences between all of the marketed effects.

Now we have Greed, by Garcia. The thing they all have in common are the bills CHANGE. I'd love to see reviews of all of them, without exposing the method.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Question about American bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL