The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Card School problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lastormdsm
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lastormdsm
I purchased Card School two days ago from a local shop because I had heard so many good things about it on here and it never hurts to review. Straight of the the case the disk was scratched. It has many scratches that run the legnth of the disk that must have occured during production. When I tried to play it in my DVD player it showed an error so I put it in my laptop. It laggs and freezes and it's not possible to watch because of all the problems. A few times it ran semi smooth but there was a 3 second delay between the sound and video. Overall I'm very disappointed, not because of the information on the disk (what I've seen it looks good) but the quality of the disk itself.

On a side note does anyone know of any other way to obtain a copy of this? I would really like to see it and don't plan on spending another $35 to recieve a second disk in the same condition. The shop has a no return policy so would the company replace this disk with another if I send a copy of the recipt or something similar?

Thanks in advance
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No return policies do not apply to damaged merchandise.
If the disk was damaged in manufacture or, more than likely shipping)
your local shop should replace it with another copy.

I've had 6 DVDs over the past few years that were damaged as you describe, they all had come loose from the collar in the case during shipping. Each was replaced by the dealer. If your dealer does not replace it, this might be the time to take your shopping someplace else.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Card School problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL