The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Deceptive Bases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a way to get my hands on or purchasing some plans or a book about building good deceptive bases. Thanks!
Believe In Magic....I do!
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Paul Osborn has a write up in a Illusion System book.

RAND WOODBURY'S THE BASE BOOK!
No plans but great ideas to fool around with.
Also look at his Illusion works videos. He actual goes thru the process of making one on tape #1.

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Let me know more about your project. That way I can help you out more.

First think why does a base work? Why is it deceptive? How it works? Why it works? What are you trying to get to? And so forth...

Best,
Mike
tommagic3
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tommagic3
Check out http://www.tricksinternational.com

Under Multibase!

Hope this helps.

I have the square multibase. It's so deceptive, I would recommend 100%. Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hello, I have designed and built many deceptive bases over the past 20 years.Send me an email describing your application for the base. I will dig through my design files and send ya what I can. Call it a Christmas gift!
Chance Wolf Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm looking for round deceptive base plans. I suppose that the concept is the same visually but the actual manufacture of the base would seem to be a bit more difficult.?....? Can anyone help?
Thanks Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Slim,
Do you plan to use a TAPERED Round base or a series of flat round layeres? I would assume you are asking for a tapered method. This can be, no, IS difficult but can be done in several ways. Too difficult to describe in words as compared to plans. I will dig through my files and see what I have in the conceptual dept. I think I have toyed with this on paper. Essentially, you will build a rounded framework with mitered edges and surface the framwork with a sheet metal skin cut to a shape similiar to a flat paper pattern used to shape a CONE. Like I said, to hard for words...let me see what I can do. I will tell you that creating the rounded framework is a big task. You could easily achieve the same effect using stacked layers of concentric circles and wrap the job up in a long weekend or two. That would be my choice.
Wish ya luck!
Chance Wolf Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Hey Mr. Wolf
I think that your choice would be easiest and more to my thinking. Flat round layers seem to make more sence to me.
I'll give it my best.....
Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Deceptive Bases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL