The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mind mysteries 3- review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
This DVD series has been out for a while but I haven’t seen many reviews of volume 3 so I thought I would review it.

Effects:

1. Sweeter and lower- This is a signed and restored sugar packet. This is a great effect it looks so fair and is very visual. The only down fall of this effect that it’s not an instant reset so it isn’t great for restaurant work were this effect would be great. 8/10

2. Change of mind. - This effect is were you make three predictions two for your spectators and one for you. The predictions are of coins the spectators take from there pockets and one coin from your pocket. All the predictions match. This effect is great. The gimmick is easy to make and the set up is very easy also. The trick is instantly re set so it’s perfect for a set show or table hopping. Truly a great effect. The only con is you need the spectators to have some change. So if no one has any you can’t do the effect. – 9/10

3. Spoon bending- Next comes the spoon bending. The spoon bending is nice but I still say if you’re in this for just this part you would be much better off going with Psychokinetic silver wear. The bends are nice and Richard performs them very well but only the last bend I fell is up to par with the stuff that Banchek dose. 7.5/10

4. Uncanny- Uncanny is an interesting card effect. One of the weaker things on the DVD but still very good. The performer has them see a card in the deck and then the performer pulls one card out and holds it in his hand and magicly turns over by it’s self. It looks cool but it’s not for every one. Takes a lot of presentation and doesn’t fit well with me but may be jem for some one else. 7/10

5. Nail Writer- This is one of the best parts of the dvd. Richard goes over his ways of getting on the gimmick and how he use it. He also goes over two effects lottery and cell phone effect. Which are good examples of how presentation can make two very similar effect look entirely different to and audience. 9/10

6. Bill in Cigarette- This is a magic trick plain and simple. The performer borrows a cigarette and puts it on the floor. He then takes a one hundred dollar bill from and audience member puts it into an envelope and burns it. He then goes up to the cigarette and pulls out the signed bill from the cigarette that has been in full view the whole time. This effect is great. A very easy to do effect though it is a real reputation maker. You start an end clean to. This effect is a winner. 9.5/10

Teaching- All of the routines are taught very well. Richard Osterlind and Jim Sisti both go over the effects together and this is helpful since Jim is able to point out things that beginners may have questions to.

Over all this is a great DVD and has some very nice effects and many will make a great addition to your show.
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Dark,

I totally agree! Great Review with all important things mentioned!

If you need some Material for a Magic & Mentalism Show - that's the DVD to buy!

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Osterlind is a great teacher. I find it very easy to learn from him.
dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
After reading through the replys I found that I left one effect out. So I will put it in now.

Radio sum total- This is an effect were the audiance comes up with an answer to a problem that is on the table from the begining of the effect. This is an effect that can be done on the radio and is very easy to perform. It's a very good effect and has good audiance perticipation. I rate this effect 8.5/10
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I did Radio Sum Total on a local radio station as well as during a show for a company. It worked so well and they all were baffled. A Great Effect in which nobody catches the little misdirection. It is very good teached in detail on Richard Osterlinds DVD.

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mind mysteries 3- review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL