The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan White's " Handy 500"- Review!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ednigma
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Ednigma
Hello to my fellow Conjurers!!

I have never posted a DVD review prior to this one...BUT I feel that when something comes along this "handy" (okay, I just 'played myself' with that one), I've got to share it with the Brotherhood.

I recently purchased a DVD put out by Paul Harris called "The Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch" , which is an excellent viariation of the Juan Pablo Bill Switch.

Now the funny thing is that the 'gem' of the DVD is the "bonus" effect that comes in the DVD, the Dan White "Handy 500"!!! I decided to put my old Hundy 500/Slow Burn gimmick to the test with this thing...It's THE MOST EASIEST, VISUAL variation I've used yet. The specs reaction when you change the denominations in THEIR OWN HANDS, and THEN count the bills they just had in their hands in front of their OWN EYES really hits 'em with a 'one-two' punch!!
Dan White and Bob Smith are known throughtout the 'underground magic curcuit' here in the Tri-State area for thier innovative, creative approach to our art form ( check out the closing credits for Blaine's 'Drowned Alive' special..they, along with Paul Harris are his LEAD CREATIVE CONSULATANTS). I've seen them perform in several venues and they never fail to captivate their audeience with a style and ORIGINALITY all their own!!

I hope those guys put out more of the 'good stuff' soon!!!!
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I also have the dvd...the variation on Hundy 500 is definetely a keeper...The bill change itself is extremely well thought out and VERY visual.
~joeKing
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Heck...I thought it was a typo and was the same as Hundy. So can you tell me/us what the difference is? I have 3-d Cash...which I think is great once you get it down and can perform it smoothly. It would certainly be easier to do a single swith.

But back to the question, what is the difference between Hundy 500 and Handy 500?

Thanks in advance--

BooRadley
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Also, is the Handy 500 a variation on the Hundy that uses some element of the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch? Or is it just a totally different separate effect included on the same DVD?
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Handy 500 lets you change the 1 dollar bills into 100 dollar bills in the spectators hand. It looks VERY cool, better than the original change I think.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Dan's Handy is a huge improvement on the Hundy 500 trick. Its the first visual bill change where the spectator is holding the bills the entire time. How can it get any more magical than that without letting them keep the bills? Well worth it in my subjective opinion.
D
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Hmmmm...I'd sure like to see a video of the effect. If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate the info. I especially like effects that take place in the hands of the spectators.

BooRadley
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks, but I'm still confused -- is it alternate handling for the Hundy 500, or is it a routine that incorporates whatever moves you learn with the Juan Hundred?
POOOF DADDY
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of POOOF DADDY
Handy 500 and 'Juan Hundred' are not related in any way ( other than they are both bill changes).

Hatz off 2 Doug, Dan and Bob.
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Definatly a hot little effect if I don't say so myself, I was unfamiliar with the hundy gimmick, so I was extremly amazed when the change happened. I am definatly going to perform this. The juan hundred dollar bill is also a very sweet effect, this is just a great DVD to purchase. Im getting some great reactions with these effects.
JR
Who is Tattoo Joe?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
If you are unfamiliar with the Hundy gimmick, can you make it and do the "Handy 500" without purchasing the Hundy DVD?

I don't have the Hundy DVD but have a general knowledge of what the gimmick is. For me, the original Hundy effect is too quick and kind of obvious -- I think the audience can more or less figure out what happened even if they can't put it 100% together. Part of this is because it's just one change. One reason I'm looking forward to the Greed DVD is because even though the changes may be "too much" for some people and seem not completely smooth in that the bill keeps shrinking, the changes are incorporated into more of a routine that rolls along and has a conclusion.

Can you tell us anymore about how the Handy 500 plays to the spectator?
POOOF DADDY
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of POOOF DADDY
The DVD addresses those who either own the Hundy/Slow Burn gimmick,or are willing to purchase one of the the DVDs that show you how to make it.
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
Has any one seen the pat page variation of this trick?
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Yes
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Handy 500 looks very visual, but for me, the method doesn't seem to work. I have tried many times but I cannot get it to look like the way Dan White does it on the DVD. The gimmick does not move as smoothly as it should. I'm going to stick with the original handling.
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
It works great for me. The instructions are really clear and the handling is super easy.
POOOF DADDY
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of POOOF DADDY
Giochi,
I'm with you, man........this thing is smooth as butter!!!!
P.S.
Have U seen Irv?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
The Dan White handling is smooth and breathtaking.

Bob
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I've been curious about the Handy 500 for a while, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to perform it with my Canadian currency as I already had to modify my handling for Hundy 500. Any thoughts from anybody who has it and knows what I'm talking about?
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Daniel White
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Daniel White
Thanks for the kind words
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan White's " Handy 500"- Review!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL