The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member Introduction - Eric Starkey » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to be a part of your Magic Café community. My name is Eric Starkey and I hail from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

I have performed several types of magic over the years (including: sleight-of-hand, comedy, haunted magick, etc.) Although I still have a tremendous amount of interest in these areas, I have recently begun to concentrate more on defining my approach to the art.

My new show is titled, “Dreams, Wishes and Wonder”, inspired by a phrase from my good friend Rick Maue (“Dreams and wishes are the things that magic is made of” – I think I’m paraphrasing a bit).

My goal with this show is to implement illusion, mentalism, bizarre magick, as well as several other techniques, to create a lasting sense of wonder and astonishment, not just cute tricks.

However, I believe that this type of “amazement” can be presented without dismissing science, allowing the audience to be treated with the respect that they truly deserve. A small portion of my new show (about 10 minutes) will be presented to the magic community for the first time at The Deception Convention in March.

I look forward to the opportunity to participate in the Cafe and share ideas with you all.

Yours truly,

Eric Starkey
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Excellent another native of hometown Penna!

Welcome to the CAFE !!!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
korneille
View Profile
New user
québec/canada
44 Posts

Profile of korneille
welcome Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"if we don’t take action now we settle for

nothing later we’ll settle for nothing now

and we’ll settle for nothing later!"

rage against the machine
Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
Hi Eric and welcome to the Cafe!

I am from Belfast in Northern Ireland and the only place I have ever been to in the USA is Pittsburgh. I was fortunate enough to see a Steelers game and a Pirates game and visit Kennywood Park.

Best wishes

Ken
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Ken,

I hope that you had an enjoyable time while here in Pittsburgh. What were you in town for? Also, what type of magic do you perform?

Eric
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Welcome to The Magic Cafe Eric.

I'm so glad you joined our magic family, and I'm sure our menu has enough magical dishes to keep you occupied for some time!

Smile Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
Eric I am into close-up and mentalism.

I had a great time when I was in Pittsburgh!! Thanks for asking. I work for a small Youth Work Charity based in Belfast and came over with a cross-community group of young people. We worked part of the time in a housing project in the North Side and everyone came back with a lot of very special memories.

Best wishes

Ken
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome friend!

As for Pittsburgh, I lived there a year and my son was born there (over 30 years ago) and I guess that makes it an OK place in my book.

Sounds like some powerful stuff. Good to have you join us. Even if you are from Pittsgurgh Smile

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Eric,

Sounds like you do a lot of magic. It's good to have you here. Hope to see you in the illusion area.

Sable Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
232 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
Eric

Good to have you on board. I'm sure you will have a lot to contribute. I am particularly interested in mentalism so looking forward to your posts.

Andrew
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Eric!

Welcome to the board!

Wonderful intro!

Steve Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Eric:

Welcome to the Cafe. As a seasoned performer, I hope you will share the fruits of your experience with us. Enjoy your time here.

-Marty
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings Eric,

It is good to have you on board. I had a feeling that I would be seeing you here. From all that I have seen, this is one of the best magic-related places that I have encountered on the net.

Take care, and I will talk to you soon.

Keep the change,

Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
WELCOME - Eric - Smile Smile

Good move on joining. I've only been here a couple of weeks but am already Hooked. Smile

Good to have you onboard.

Bye - Gavin W.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Eric.

I like the way you think and am looking forward to your posts. Smile

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Thank you all for the wonderful welcoming words. I look forward to speaking further with many of you. As I read through the comments posted on this thread, I couldn't help but to realize the potential for stimulating conversation in this group, un-like most of the "mailing lists" that I have recently retired from (with 2 exceptions).

I'm going to head into a few of the sub-catagories now. It's so refreshing to be able to pick the topics that you really want to read about and participate in, instead of sifting through the volumes of dung that is generally found in on-line magic groups.
magicpirate82
View Profile
New user
Bay area, Northern California
68 Posts

Profile of magicpirate82
Welcome. This place is really great and from the sounds of it, we can all benefit from your experience. Smile
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome! Since you mentioned the magic word, mentalism, why don't you drop over to the mentalists' table. It's the one in the corner by the window under the sign,

"A Penny For Your Thoughts," but I sensed you knew that. Smile

For those who believe, no explanation is needed. For those who do not believe, no explanation is necessary. Dunninger
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
What your doing sounds great, I look forward to your input here.

Smile
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Smile Hi Eric Starkey! Smile Smile

Welcome to the magical "Magic Cafe"

It's so nice to have you join our magical family. Smile

If you're looking for a magical place, Smile

you've just found it. Smile

It just doesn't get much more magical than this. Smile

:rotf: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Enjoy your time here. Smile

We look forward to your post's. Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member Introduction - Eric Starkey » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL