The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routine Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Hi all,

I'm trying to come up with a routine and kinda have an idea of what I want to do , but have hit a snag. Maybe I'm thinking too much and should walk away for a few days but I've been playing with this for about 3 weeks. Anyway, this is what I'm trying to do.

I own El DUCO's Wedding Bell. Basically it's an effect where a borrowed ring is put into a jewelry box. A very nice brass handheld bell is introduced and given to the spectator to ring the bell. When they do the box is opened and the ring is gone. The ring is found as the clapper inside the bell. The ring is what Rang the bell. Nice props but to me a pretty lame instruction sheet.... so ...

I've been playing with borrowing a ring and placing it in the box and having the spectator keep the box in front of them or off to the side in plain site. I then introduce Illumanti which is an effect using Credit Card type Hotel room keys where a speckie writes a room number on one and you later are able to divulge. This too is something I intend to come back to later in the show.

The bell is then introduced to be used during the show as a kinda of "ring it" and the magic happens on some effects. Near the end I want to divulge the room number as like a special occassion vacation or even anniversary room where this bell came from. Now this is where I'm stuck.. I draw a blank still with making sense of the ring showing up inside this bell.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also ,I don't necessarily have to use illumanti with this but the path I was going on looked like it would be good to use. So for those that want to put on thier thinking caps with me please do!..
Thanks

RandyM
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Anyone????
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The storyline could be about strange experiences newlyweds had at old time Bed & Breakfast.
The 'Wedding Bell' could begin as the opener where the newlyweds are recalling the ceremony. They then stop before the revelation.

One of the effects with metal keys, Kineti-Key, Spooky Key, or some other would fit in the story.

Psychokinetic Touches by Banachek.

"Glorpy" or "Hyrum" haunted hanky.

A Haunted Deck perhaps.

An ITR effect or two.

The 'Wedding Bell' tale continues and the revelation happens after a couple of other effects.

Illuminati props and the prediction wouldn't belong in this haunted scenario.

Sorry but I can't think of a way to use the bell and cause another effect to happen. Hopefully some ideas here will help.

Good luck,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routine Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL