The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali Pitch question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Last weekend I sold over 2 boxes of cards---AT A GUN SHOW! WITH the DVD!! That has never happened before. People just TOOK them away from me! And the kids just loved it! It seemed I heard, "How'd you do THAT?" more times than I ever have before. And NO ONE said, "Hey, you got 2 cards!" I think I finally may have the DL like it is SUPPOSED to be. I think I MIGHT even be a PITCHMAN some day!

Two guys came by at different times, both of them were very familiar with the deck. They each showed me tricks, one several coin tricks and one just cards. It was kinda slow at that time so no prob. I had seen one guy, an old codger, who said he was formerly a pro magician, at a previous show. He hung around for a few minutes and watched the pitch. He told the little girl, "Honey, you'll love these cards and you can have lots of fun with your friends." Unfortunately, she was about 10, had no bux and left. As I was packing up, she RAN to my table with $10, "Oh, I'm so happy I got here before you left. I REALLY want those cards. I know I can have fun with my friends."

YA NEVER KNOW!

Jon
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, as another vendor once told me, "Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you."

You just never know what the situation will be. I have gone to some shows with high expectations and come home with beer money. I have gone to other shows that I thought would be a dud, and really raked it in. Fortunately I have always made my table fee, that would be really depressing otherwise! Now I'm a little more careful about which shows and venues I take, and usually I do well, but you just never know.

That's why I always bring plenty of inventory, the last thing you want to do is run out of something! Congrats to you, and have a good summer with your DL's! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali Pitch question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL