The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite Martin Sanderson tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
I think he is an amature magician that's just made some dvds with his mate.guss stevens I think produced them but I think he is an amature magician as well.
I have seen a tape of guss doing card manips and its definately amature video.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I won't go that far. He had some really good ideas of how to work tables and a room that I really thought was smart! An amature wouldn't know little things like that. Anyway that is my thoughts.

Ray Noble

Ray
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I agree. no amature.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
Sorry if he isn't but I was just going by a couple of clips I have seen of his first dvd.
there's always work for every level of magic.
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
Takashi you are just being close minded, Martin is a great magician, I have seen him at a corporate event, and wow, he can work a crowd. Not only that, he has hints of old Fetcher in him (when I say that I mean it in the sense that he doesn't use a lot of stuff, ie-cards, coins, string, kiwi). o well, to each his own. Also, Martin may not have invented the bill in kiwi, but I doubt Carl did either, I mean the move applied is a shadow pass, and the concept of it appearing in a fruit is very old as well. Ok, what about the kiwi concept, whoop te do, w/e happens, it is a great effect (killer) done well.
Have fun
Art Vandalay
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Art Vandalay
It is true. Martin Sanderson uses very little to create his magic. A pack of cards, am omni deck, some kiwis, a knife, a magic circle ID for Richard Sanders' trick, a card to wallet wallet, an envelope, coin unique, a deck of cards set for storm force 7, a chop cup, chop cup balls, a lemon for the final chop cup load. I am surprised he has room in his pockets for all those business cards!
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
I like all this humour its great.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 18:16, Art Vandalay wrote:
It is true. Martin Sanderson uses very little to create his magic. A pack of cards, am omni deck, some kiwis, a knife, a magic circle ID for Richard Sanders' trick, a card to wallet wallet, an envelope, coin unique, a deck of cards set for storm force 7, a chop cup, chop cup balls, a lemon for the final chop cup load. I am surprised he has room in his pockets for all those business cards!

Perhaps he has an assistant in disguise to hand him props when he moves from one table to the next?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Guys,

I have seen Martin lecture and he is a very good magician. The 2 DVD's were produced by RSVP magic, so definately not rookies.

He does put in a lot of energy, I respect and admire him for that. I think he's a very good magician who has been doing what he does WELL for a long time.

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I just want to say that Martin Sanderson's high energy and ultra friendly demeanors is truly inspiring! RSVP also put out some really good video and capture this kind of energy. I treasure his Corporate Close Up DVD and I will not sell or trade this DVD.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd try to clear-up a few things:

Martin is a full-time pro, Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star - the highest honour from the Magic Circle. So certainly no amateur as he was branded above.

The 2 DVDs of his are produced by professional company RSVP Magic, headed by Russ Stevens, a pro illusionist for some 27 years. These guys are no rookies, and deserve to be supported much more than any rip-offs that are far too common in magic today.

RE: the Bill in Kiwi trick and its originality, Martin did not invent it from scratch. Bill to impossible location has been around for ages; on Corporate Close Up Martin actually says he saw Carl Cloutier perform it (it's part of his FISM-winning act) after he came up with his routine, so it's independently conceived. Martin was asked what he added to the routine, and his answer was "a method of keeping the bill dry" so it can be returned to the spec with no hassle.

For reference and interest: http://www.sanderson-magic.com and http://www.rsvpmagic.com

For those making claims about lack of skill/amateurish style, I'd love to see your own DVDs.......
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I think he's a great guy! I bought his dvd and would not get it in time for a gig I had. I wanted to learn SF7. I emailed him and he went WAY out of his way to make sure I knew how to do that trick.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Martin is a top class PROFESSIONAL performer who won the close up magician of the year award some years ago from the magic circle. I have known martin for a number of years and he is very experienced and certainly not an amateur!.
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
523 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Quote:
On 2006-06-14 10:52, wonder pefomance wrote:
Hello Rick, the Bill in Kiwi is a Martin Sanderson orginal. It is on his DVD Corporate Close Up Magic.
Thanks.

That may just be the single most irritating thing I've heard on here this year.

Jack
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Martin Sanderson invented the sqeaker too Smile
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Martin Sanderson is one of the top working pro's in the Uk today.
Having said that, clearly bill in kwiwi is not his invention, though I doubt he explicitly claims it (can't remember & I can't be bothered to put the dvd on just to check). He, as stated, came up with an idea for keeping the bill dry.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I enjoyed both his dvds...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
REPOLHO
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of REPOLHO
The most unbelivible thing... is the ACR, with card in envelope... AWESOME but... Omni Deck together? no way... two strong climax together??? I didn't like that.
Roberto Polini

Sombra - Brazillian Magic Society
http://www.sociedademagica.com
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Redolpho,

what's 'wrong' with two strong climaxes to cap-off a routine, abstractly speaking?
Maybe there are some who wouldn't choose to finish an ACR in this way, but Martin gets very strong responses when he does - which is very often, too.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I like his framing for effects, his language and routining that leads to a surprise. I particularly like his reason for card to envelope, the expectation management and the surprising impact which I now use as an ending to another routine. I also like his rationalle for brevity when doing a chop cup routine, and the routine itself is a worker. The guy is a pro and I've emailed him with some questions about kiwi prop management, etc. Martin responded back and kindly provided insight.

Only have great things to say about him and his performance style. His routines on the first DVD are workers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite Martin Sanderson tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL