The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Trained doves for loan in SAM 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Everyone Smile

Need some urgent help here........

We need 7-8 white doves for the SAM 06 convention in Louisville, KY this July-12th-15th.

I am seeking the help of a dove supplier for magic castle, a close friend of a top doveworker, we have plan way in advance for 5 months back........BUT I just received the phone call from him that the courier unable to transport the doves on plane due to summer hot time...the answer can only be known 2 days before...depending on the weather...P.S: This is the first time he is shipping doves to KY, as there is no direct flight.

We are very worry cos now is less than a month away....we can't afford to take a risk with this.....the only solution now is I or someone needs to pick the doves at the KY airport between 10am-2pm flown in by Delta Airline on July 8th 06....This idea seem ok....but may not be 100% reliable....hence now we are having a big headache Smile........the doves need to reach Louisville Marriott Downtown hotel by Late evening about 8pm...we will be reaching the hotel at est. 7pm...hence now we are having a big headache Smile

I feel very bad for my supplier as he is trying all sorts of way to get the doves to me....while, thinking of an solution to solve this issue......Just wondering if any doveworkers here able to help to supply 2 flyback doves(90% chances to flyback) & 5 regular doves(2 for invisible, 2 for dove bags) & 1 small size doves for a prop load.....

We will pay VERY good price for the above services...if anyone can help...please e-mail to us or call us at 65-6345-9377 or 65-9769-5857 ASAP.....thank you Smile

Warmest Regards
dove-boy
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
I have a number for a dove breeder. His name is David is in the area of the Magic Castle; area code 818. Is this the same person you have spoken with? If not, I can give you his contact info...ROY
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Roy Smile

Yup, he is the one, a very very nice & patient gentleman Smile

Yup, I got the nos & spoke with him many times & yesterday for 1 hr plus.......

Due to this headache situation & I feel a little bad abiout this....., I though it will be great for someone who live very near KY to loan the doves cos he lives in CA.....if not everything will be solved..e.g , guess I will take a chance for someone needs to pick the doves at the KY airport flown in by Delta Airline after David sent it.......

Anyway, thanks for your help Roy Smile

Warmest Regards
doveboy
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Smile

We are still keeping our option open...if anyone who lives near KY....or able to provide us with the above services...we are willing to pay up to US$700.00 with a 90% chances of 2 flyback doves......if not guess, we will take a chance with Delta airline...thanks for anyone help or reply.

Warmest Regards
dove-boy
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Smile

Just to let you know, the problem had finally solved Smile

Thanks for all the replies & helps, I am deeply appreciated Smile

Warmest Regards Smile
doveboy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dove-boy, glad the problem is solved and wish I had seen this sooner but I've been away. Delta airlines is not the way to ship doves. The best, and safest method is priority mail through the post office. They take excellent care of the birds and they arrive one to two days later, guaranteed. I've shipped in the summer with no problems. The cost is about $25 for shipping. If this ever happens to you again, check out the Post office.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Trained doves for loan in SAM 2006 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL