The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Magic Friday Mixed Tape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
June.16/06

What The Audience Sees:

A whole mumbajeema (I just made that word up) of different tricks. Some clients had seen some effects that others hadn't, and vice versa, so today was kind of a catch up day to bring everyone onto the same page. It was good to do because I've changed the handling for some of the effects drastically and it was interesting to see if they were improvements or not.

How It Went:

Gregory Wilson's GLOSSY FINISH

-This one was a new one for today and I performed it 4 times. Twice went perfectly and twice went wrong ('You touched my hand.') This is an Ashes on Palm effect using Lipstick. It'll need some work on my part, or are the Magic Friday crowd too observant?

Mike Kozlowski's HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL SWITCH

-I performed this a number of times today to great effect and I now have a reason why I change their bill back into it's original condition that I'm quite happy with. I also did this as a closer for Hundy when someone would ask me if I could use their money. One lady actually blurted out, 'Holy #$%*!' Too funny.

HUNDY 500 by Gregory Wilson
-This is a great effect and I've totally changed the patter to help eliminate the slight 'showyoffness' of it (I made that word up too). Perfect segue into the HDBS as well.

Garrett Thomas's THE RING THING
-This effect actually deserves a Magic Friday all it's own, I like it so much. It is absolutely fantastic for those 'show me something' moments. We'll come back to this in one of the weeks to come- brilliant. I did this trick the most today.

Four Ace Assembly by GARY OUELLET
-I'm not sure where this trick came from but I learned it from his website years ago. It's still my favourite self working card trick. If anyone ever discovers the method, I simply teach them how to present it.

Joe Rindfleisch's BAR
-An amazing broken and restored rubberband effect. This is always my closer to Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Always a big hit with the office crowd.

Best Lines:
'Holy $#%&!'
-The HDBS

'What?! Did that just happen?!'
-Hundy

'Let me see that ring! What the %^^^%!'
-The Ring Thing

'Gimme' that! Holy $#$%&
-BAR

'I'm never playing cards with you!'
-Four Ace Assembly

'AAHHhHHHAH!'
-Glossy Finish (one of the 2 times it worked.)

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done...

Angry Bob's seen these all before so 0/5.

My Rating:

I'm going to give myself a 4.5/5 today. I think all the changes I've made have been improvements and I'm quite happy with my magic at this point in the game. I also now have the intelligence to stop doing something if it's not working, which I didn't do enough of in my younger years.

The JDG Tip:

I was telling my wife today that I feel like I'm starting to lead a double life. It seems like half of the time I'm a regular working fella' and the other half I'm an absolute celebrity. My advice is to run with it. Be confidant, be honest, be yourself.

Closing Thoughts:

Also don't be afraid to make up a word or two. At the end of the day, no one cares, as long as they have a good time.

HAVE A GOODNGARFLE WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Magic Friday Mixed Tape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL