The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kard Klub/Shapeshifter DVD vs. ETM series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
This is such a food for thought topic, and I was curious to see where everyone else rings in on this one.

Since the Easy To Master series, Michael Ammar, has caught a bunch of flak. I have heard mentions of this and that, stolen this and ripped off that. But, all in all, I think what Ammar did was an overall good thing despite ticking off a lot of people in the process.

Now, fast forward to the DVD age and Brad Christiansen from Ellusionist. Is it honestly right to charge $40 for a DVD that teaches some trick called 'Two Card Monte' (appropriately named 'Be Honest, What is it?')? Is it right to charge that much money to learn the Shapeshifter change by DeSousa? Single effects on a DVD.

What I really mean is that Ammar handled it with care and a deserved amount of crediting, and put lots of things on one tape/now DVD, that it was worth the price. Seems like the ellusionist crew is really about milking every effect in every possible way.

So, my questions to you are

What do you feel are the differences between Mr. Christiansen and Mr. Ammar are?

What are the differences, ethically, between Ellusionists out-put, and the Easy to Master series?

and lastly

How do you think these things will impact magic in the long run?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mike Ammar credits EVERYONE on his Easy To master series. He's "Mr. Research" and has the highest integrity.

Kard Klub is an excellent DVD and chock full of info, so you're getting more info than just one trick.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Differences? ok...
Michael Ammar won the Gold Medal in close up at FISM. That alone is incredible.
From Michael's web site:
Quote:
Magician of the Year, Tannen's 70th in New York, 2002
Best Close-Up Magic, "The World Magic Awards" Fox 2000
Presidential Citation, International Brotherhood of Magicians, 1993
Best Sleight-of-Hand, "International Magic Awards" Fox 1992
Best Sleight-of-Hand, "International Magic Awards" Fox 1991
Best Parlor Magician, "Academy of Magical Arts" 1990
Best Parlor Magician, "Academy of Magical Arts" 1985
Best Close-Up Magician, "Aademy of Magical Arts" 1983
Best Lecturer, "Academy of Magical Arts" / Magic Castle 1983
Best Lecturer, "Academy of Magical Arts" / Magic Castle 1982
Gold Medal - Close Up, "F.I.S.M. World Competition" 1982
Best Close-Up Magician, "Academy of Magical Arts" 1981
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kard Klub/Shapeshifter DVD vs. ETM series (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL