The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Listen To Cody Fisher's "Sweet Dreams" Rope Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys,

I have gotten tons of e-mails concerning my comedy professor's nightmare routine called "Sweet Dreams". If anyone is intersted in 'listening' to the routine recorded in front of a live "corporate" audience you can visit my web site professionalmiracles.com...click on products...and scroll down to the "Sweet Dreams" trick.

Here is the direct link: http://www.professionalmiracles.com/CFM%20Products.htm

In order to "protect" my routine and all the jokes, gags, and lines...a good portion of it is "bleeped out". You will still be able to the basic idea...and more importantly hear how funny this routine plays in the real world.

Oh I should mention that there is no cursing or profanity in this routine...the bleeps are just to protect the comedy lines. Even though it says "Rated R"...it's definitely more PG-13!

Enjoy,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Cody, I bought Sweet Dreams...what...three years ago? Four? I've lost track. I modified it just enough to fit my character and make it "my own" then took it into a comedy club gig one night...and it has been with me since. It absolutely rocks and has rarely failed me as a great opener. Comedy clubs, bars and some restaurants (slightly cleaned up...just a tad...even though the routine as written wouldn't offend anyone with a decent sense of humor.) One of the best magic purchases I've made. Thanks for writing it and making it available. I love it!! In fact...I want MORE like it!!!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Thanks for the kind words skip. This routine is a major part of my show! I am glad that you are getting some use out of it...

Take care my friend,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Hi Cody,

Let me start with a big "THANKS". Due to recognition in your column, my ultimate monte poem "A lesson well learned" is going to be featured in a new DVD being produced my FUN INC. It wouldn't have happened without you!

I just listened to the sound clip of your rope routine. It must be hilarious as in between all the bleeps (most of the clip) is nothing but howls of laughter. I didn't get much of the premise other than the basic " different lenghts become the same " but I'm sure in your hands it's a true classic! Guess I need to "stretch" my imagination a bit more!

Thanks for all of your wonderful contributions to our art. You are a great friend of mine and the magic community!

Take Care my friend,

Daryl
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Daryl,

Congrats on your new success my friend...I am VERY happy for you. Don't give me too much credit...your poem is fantastic...simply the best little rhyming patter for Skinner's three card monte.

Concerning the audio file for my "Sweet Dreams" rope routine...I wanted to let people know just how funny this is...on the other hand I also wanted to protect the routine. I think the audio file speaks for itself...you will get lots of laughs with this routine...

Take care,
Cody S. Fisher

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cody congrats on your latest DVD I just got it last week and loved it. I have been going back and forth with this bit but after listening I might just have to get my hands on it. Still love your CTAW. I don't do it all the time but when I do it kills.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2006-06-23 16:40, fishermagic wrote:

Concerning the audio file for my "Sweet Dreams" rope routine...I wanted to let people know just how funny this is...

Objective achieved...in spades!!

Great Job Cody.
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
How much is the device which goes beeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeep . it would be a great gag to work with an assistant , as if you get really angry and as soon as you start shouting profanities instead of actual words , that beep sound comes out of your mouth .

anyway your rope routine , is second in my wishlist , cant wait to click the buy this item button
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Sniper1,

Actually the comedian "Carrot Top" has a microphone that will do that bleeping sound...I think he calls it the "Jerry Springer" mic...pretty funny...

Cody S. Fisher

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I listened to the recording. I still don't know if this routine is "funny". Sure people were laughing so I guess funny is funny, but are all laughs good laughs?

I couldn't hear the lines that were "funny" so I am still not sure about this. I got the impression however that what is apparently funny about this routine is comparisons between the size of the ropes and the helpers *** size. I am Australian so maybe it is a cultural thing but I don't think that is very funny, I don't find it offensive either I just think it is lame. Then again, I don't know what was funny, because I couldn't hear it. I can only speculate. But I only have two options - (1) buy the routine (2) Speculate about the routine.

Some may say don't criticize something you haven't heard. That would be kind of true because I have only heard half of the routine... But the half I heard I didn't really like.

On a different note, I for some reason find it strange that you would post this kind of recording on this forum. Announcing that you have relaesed a new product I think is fine. Posting a recording of the laughs that you are getting from your routine strikes me as taking things too far. How far will people go for a sale?

Just my opinion.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Dear Aussiemagic,

Not sure what you mean by "taking things too far"? This was simply my honest attempt to answer several e-mails I have received concerning just "how funny" this routine is. I think the laughs speak for themselves. In order to protect the routine, jokes, lines, and visual gags that are going on I had to bleep out most of it and not show the video.

As far as "how far will I go for a sale"...well NOT VERY far at all my friend. I get calls, PM's, and e-mails all the time were sometimes I actually talk someone out of a sale simply because I know that my product is not what they need...or they are not technically ready for it...or they are a part-timer and the routine would not be right for them. I certainly don't make my living selling magic products to magicians therefore it is much more important for me to make a friend than it is to make a sale.

I am very concerned about people actually being able to use my creations. If you have purchased my routine and do not care for it...that's fine...we are all entitled to our own opinions...and I certainly respect yours. However, you say that you didn't like what you heard of the routine...well all you really heard was people laughing...if comedy is not your thing...then I would definitely talk you out of this sale...as this is primarily a funny routine.

If you have any questions...please PM me...I am always happy to help out a fellow magician. Let me know what you are looking for in a routine and I'll be happy to let you know if my routine would fit the bill.

Take care my friend,
Cody S. Fisher

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Fair enough. I didn't mean to attack you in anyway.

All the best

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

No problem at all my friend. Please feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions...

Cody S. Fisher

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Listen To Cody Fisher's "Sweet Dreams" Rope Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL