The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dough (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman475
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of magicman475
Hey guys, I'm new to the Café and I'm just giving a little review about the trick dough, by jay sankey. Its a wonderful trick, and very visual, I perform it all the time, and it is simple to learn. I highly recommend it to people starting magic involving bills. Sorry this isn't very descriptive, but its almost 5:00 a.m. and I don't want to wake my parents with the typing sound lol.

-Trevor-
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I agree with you Trevor. When I first learned money magic, Dough by Jay Sankey was one of my purchases. Everything used in this effect utilizes everyday objects in your home, school or office. I remembered I was a little concerned about the crease lines on the bill, but nobody ever noticed them.

Check out one of the Magic Friday Reviews on Dough here -
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=5
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicman475
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of magicman475
I agree, I thought the creases would give the trick away too, but I've only been caught once and they promised not to tell, so it was all good.

-Trevor-
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I tried this effect myself but couldn't get it to work with english bills as the dimentions are different to american bill's.
I also had the same problems with dan harlan's now you z it, unless its just me.
if anyone can recommend a good totally impromptu pen thru bill with borrowed items that works with english currency please let me know.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Ha, this is also one of my early Sankey purchases too. Quite a nice effect and people love it. I guess the nice thing about it is it creates the look of the pencil (which can be borrowed~)going right through the middle of the folded bill, and the post-it note makes the who effect very convincing.

If you like to have a similar effect (and everything can be borrowed as well) without the post-it note, I recommend Alan Rorrison's Real-entration. A very simple but amazing effect.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Ya I agree, dough is fully improumpto and use borrowed objects which is great and why I use it when I have no props on me.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I would think a 5 pound note ought to work like an American bill, but if you are talking about the bigger denominations, why not try a bigger post it? I tried the bigger ones on American bills, thinking I might get better coverage, if you know what I mean, but the "move" just wouldn't work. Just a thought...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2006-06-26 13:09, magicman475 wrote:
I agree, I thought the creases would give the trick away too, but I've only been caught once and they promised not to tell, so it was all good.

-Trevor-

Did you know that crumpling the bill beforehand softens the bill and makes the penetration easier? Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is this the favorite among the several variations available? ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The variation I do don't use the post-it note. Post-it notes are never available to me but either a pen, coffee stirrer, etc, and bill are.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
It's cool to see that people still love this effect.
I haven't heard anyone mention this in quite some time.
I loved this effect since the day I got it . I still perform it .
I sometimes use this combined with infusion by andrew mayne.
I have gotten some great reactions out of this.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
cardsharpist
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of cardsharpist
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 11:27, Jaz wrote:
The variation I do don't use the post-it note. Post-it notes are never available to me but either a pen, coffee stirrer, etc, and bill are.

What do use instead?
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I have found that a good way to hide the creases is to use an older bill, one that wont hold the creases afterward. I have been caught using crisp bills.

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I ordered Dough along with a few other DVDs a few months ago online at Sankey magic. In the instructions section I jokingly asked for Danica to pick out her favorite DVD that I was ordering and to sign it's case and if she did not have the time to sign one than to have Jay sign one. So when I get my order (about a month later) I find that Danica signed Dough and put a little happy face on it!

Danica is the hot lady in some of Jays videos for those of you that do not know her.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Here is the scan of my signed copy of Dough. Possibly the only Danica signed copy of Dough in the world.

Click here to view attached image.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dough (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL