The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Copperfield's ring to shoelace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
I was curious if anyone knew where I could find this trick or if it is even for sale. It is the trick where he takes a spectator's ring and vanishes it from his hands right in front of your face, only to find that the ring is now tied to the shoelaces of a baby shoe that was in his back pocket. Any info would be great.

Zackary Smile
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Well, Zackary. You could actually make one yourself. It's not that hard. Anyway, it have limited angles, if you watch close enough. Hope this helps Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
skilusion
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of skilusion
Zackary,
I made one where it appears on a gold chain around my neck. I don't want to share to much information about how I do it but you can email me and we can talk that way. My email address is skilusion@hotmail.com. There is a trick that uses a wallet and a thumb tip but I am not sure what it is called right off the top of my head. I have it but wouldn't reccomend you buy it unless you are good and like to use tips.
skilusion
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
There is some guys in Brazil( i'm brazilian) that are making this. If you are interested...
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Hey moilima,are they doing the one with the shoe and everything? How much are they planning on selling it for?
JWB81
View Profile
New user
Rome, GA
5 Posts

Profile of JWB81
All of this talk on card productions, and nobody even mentioned the greatest, Cardini.

Cardini had small hands, but could do card productions, as well as many other items better than most of modern day performers.

Jeff McBride maybe the greatest manipulator of today, but I don't think anybody can come close to the skill of Cardini. Think of the things he does with gloves, cards, cigarettes, coins, billiard balls(twice the size most people use with bigger hands), etc. He did these manipulations with ease, and excellence.
Don't state the obvious.
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Yes, they come ready to use, with everything you need to perform right after you purchase it. They are really well made. I guess they are selling it for 50 dollars. I could send it to you but I never did it in my life. If you are REALLY interested and know how to do this kind of deal (mail things and stuff) you can find me at this e-mail moisesmoises@globo.com I hope this was helpful
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Try the trick "On Foot." In the instructions, it claims that Copperfield was the first to perform this so I take it that it is a similar gimmick. The effect is that a borrowed ring appears on your tied shoelace and the spectator can even remove it. I used it in my restaurant act. The manuscript shows it as a trick in itself, but I did my full borrowed ring routine and used it as a climax (I used some adaptations). I can get these very easily. Email or pm me if you are interested.
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Hi

Have a look at the following subject:
"Ring in little shoe lace
by David Copperfield"

Magic Chris Smile
Wickedx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Wickedx
Wow, I remember seeing DC perform that on one of his tv shows years ago when I had just gotten into magic. I really loved that. Well I wasn't so bothered about it going onto the shoe, but the way it was vanished. I loved it.
FCpreacher I am very ineterested, could you pm or mail me on details please...Paul
I Defy Logic, They Question Reality.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
It's a ringflight
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I was seated very close to Copperfield when he was first doing it in his live show. He had some trouble with it and a kid shouted out the method for all to hear. Embarassed, DC said, "That's why I don't do birthday parties anymore!"
illusion27002700
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of illusion27002700
HI ZACKARY,

Please try the actual version of David Copperfield's ring to shoe. It's available at hocus-pocus.com. It's called "Borrowed Ring to Shoelace." It's the exact same method as Copperfields' and you get it for $39. Bye.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Just a little correction here: it's called the "Borrowed Ring On Shoelace."

But anyway, a great effect.

Cheers,
Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
To the best of my knowledge, the Ring to Baby Shoelace, created FOR David Copperfield by Chris Kenner has never been marketed.

Anyone selling this is a RIP OFF of Kenner's intellectual property.

Think of something else to do. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I will be releasing my stage version of Ring Flight in late fall or winter. I use it in both my full illusion show and my solo program. I have performed it for audiences of more than 20,000 with large screen magnification (at Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas), but normally use it for audiences of 500-5,000. The routine has received strong reviews on 4 continents. It is a comedy routine, plays very strongly and has no angle problems. We're still working on manufacturing equipment that will be reliable for the long haul for working performers. Watch the magazines in late fall or winter.
Lou Leventhal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Copperfield's ring to shoelace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL