The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Oldest and Most expensive gaffs for bill switch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
If you get to NYC check out the Metropolitan Museum of Art where they are now showing the relics from a female Pharaoh named Hatshepsut. What caught my eye were these solid gold burial coverings for the the toes. Do you think they might have used them for some conjuring? Smile

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_even......E72CC%7D

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Wow, toetips! Very interesting....
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Gee and here I was thinking you were gonna show us an old roller type moneyprinter. wow.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
This is great. Really funny stuff. Looks like it would fit my thumb nicely.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
C3PO lost a hand.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
What's that wire coming out? Could they have been D'lites?
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Nice one, Will. They most likely are.

-Jeff
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Ok, now I've got a picture of Steve Martin in the classic SNL "King Tut" skit, pulling lights from his ears and eating them. Thanks a lot. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Actually, your theory of these being used for conjuring might not be that far off. Hatshepsut was fond of performers. She is one of the earliest recorded employers of jugglers, acrobats and such. She was also noted as importing such animals as giraffes and monkeys for parades that she would hold (very early prelude to the modern day circus).
Solitaire
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Solitaire
Egyptian priests were pretty good at performing illusions to impress the normal folks (and to keep them quiet). Ppl who are afraid of priests and pharao with "supernatural" power are more willing to drag tons of stones about to build pyramids.

I am wondering how long the toes of old Egyptians were, as the golden toe coverings look pretty long.
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
Well, if I had these toe-tips, I wouldn't be doing magic....i'd be too rich from selling them...lol...but I don't have them and I love doing magic too much, so my profession is here too stay.lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Oldest and Most expensive gaffs for bill switch? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL