The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Act at this year's IBM in Miami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys, is anyone here at the IBM in Miami. I just got a call from a good friend who's there who said there was an Asian dove worker on the show who had purple hair, colored birds, etc. He couldn't remember this guy's name but I'm curious as to who it is, if anyone is there and saw it or knows about the act or the magician or has a link to a website that would be cool of you. This act didn't make it to the finals for the gold medal, but apparently competed in the competition preliminaries. Thanks for the info...

Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
RyanJonPilling
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
35 Posts

Profile of RyanJonPilling
Hey Dan,

Have a peek at the Stage Contest Replay number 1 (I think)... I seem to recall catching somebody of that description as I skimmed through.

-Ryan
Playing Big - http://www.PlayingBig.net
A blog for performers about "Making Magic Out Of Tricks"
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Does anyone know who made it to the Gold Medal Finals?

Joseph
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Sperris,

I'm not at the I.B.M. Convention but based on the description you gave... that might be Lee Eun-Gyeol from Korea. Then again, I might be wrong.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Gold Medals finalists are listed on the IBM website under the daily prophet #2.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Sal ... did you say you might be wrong .. or Wong??

Anyone seen a guy on TV doing magic with long hair and playin' rock music??

I'm curious too ..

Steve
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
I didn't attend this years IBM but there are videos of all the preliminary acts at the IBM website. There is a video of the dove magician your talking about.

Hope that helps.
maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
Sal Amanka? Lee Eun Gyeol doesn't have purple hair, and he doesn't use colored birds.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I was there and sat through the 6 hours of stage contest. I can assure you no one had coloured doves in their act. There WAS an Asian with orange/red hair but he did not make the cut. There weren't very many bird acts. Maybe 2 of them, one more bird oriented by an American, and the other produced a dove for the his final trick. I was excited to see so many girls compete(!!!!) and 3 of them made the cut!!! Good times in Miami
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
The Asian dove magician with orange hair is known as Chin Chin from San Francisco, he did have some orange-pink color doves in his magic act. He won the San Francisco Conjuror Stage Magic Competition in 2005.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
You sure about that?? I am certain I didn't see any coloured doves... were you there?
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
You can check it out at the http://www.magician.org , it has the 2006 IBM convention coverage, you can see the stage contest by downloading Replay #3 or #4 to see the video of Chin Chin performance.

Posted: Jul 16, 2006 10:45am
IBM Convention Contest Winners:
Here is a complete list of winners...

Stage Winner is Furu Yami Hikuri (spelling probably is not right), a female from Japan with a wonderful original act depicting a hair salon.

Stage People's Choice went to David Kaplan from Ohio. His great mix of magic and comedy was the audience's favorite.

Close Up Winner was John Born from New York City with his "any card at any position effect" and a great close up linking ring routine.
People's Choice for Close Up went to MC Chow of Hong Kong for his elegant coin and card work while producing 8 glasses of wine and ending up with the whole bottle!

The Junior Stage Winner was Eli Portola (10 yrs old) from Ohio with a great classic magic act that ended with him producing his assistant! He also won the FANTASMA all expense paid trip to NYC and a gift certificate! Cute and magical!
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey Dan,

I guess you know by now that Chin-Chin was the performer you are asking about. I spent several hours with him discussing his act. He is very fresh, and original. He showed me an incredible utility for holding l***s in place. I had never seen anything that resembled his technique for doing this. PM me, and I can enlighted you a little about what he showed me, as he told me I could pass it on to others that were "deserving". Thus far, I have only told Johnny Thompson, who said he thought it was ingenious, and he had never seen it before.

I know you are in Vegas now, but drop me a line when you can.

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Act at this year's IBM in Miami (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL