The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper or shell? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Codymac92
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Codymac92
I amthinking about getting either a flipper or an expanded shell,any reccomendations? I want to do a routine where 3 or more coins vanish and reappear in unique ways. Which would be better? Which one has more dvds or effects on dvds?

Thanks!!
Cody McClintock
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I would suggest getting both......while the expanded shell is versitile, the flipper coin presents soooo many terrific applications. When you combine the two, you can create pure magic.....

Check out Troy Hooser's work on the flipper coin and shell and you have a lifetime of usable, visual coin magic at your fingertips.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Codymac92
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Codymac92
Thanks alot! I probably will get both,but can you use the shell OVER the flipper?

Cody
P.S. you give a lot of helpful tips Godhandz!
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
If you really think about it, using both could create some killer routines. I know Troy Hooser uses both together quite often. As Garrett Thomas puts it, you have three coins occupying the space of one. Think of the possibilities.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Yes the shell will fit as long as it's expanded. The triple threat accomplishes similar things and a lot more but is not exactly cheap. However going back to the original question if I could only own one of them I'd go for a decent shell first.
Codymac92
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Codymac92
Thanks guys!!! y'all help alot!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I would definitely get both also. It is worth the investment.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
For a person who has used neither, I would suggest the shell. It has quite a bit more versatility than the flipper (especially in the beginning - think "translocation" or "coins across" or "payout"). Once you have the shell handling down, then move to the flipper. I think you will be less frustrated, and when you finally get the flipper, will see what we're all gushing about.
Codymac92
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Codymac92
I have used both before,the magic shop by my house lets me "experiment" with them. I used to have a flipper, but I have no idea what happened to it. Its been awhile.

Thanks!
Cody
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
The link below will give you some more info on the advantages of each.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

Personally, I love my shell but a flipper can be incredibly visual in a toss. I have not used a gravity flipper which offers other possibilities as well.
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 03:30, doug brewer wrote:
For a person who has used neither, I would suggest the shell. It has quite a bit more versatility than the flipper (especially in the beginning - think "translocation" or "coins across" or "payout"). Once you have the shell handling down, then move to the flipper. I think you will be less frustrated, and when you finally get the flipper, will see what we're all gushing about.

I just purchased Coin Man Walking by Dan Watkins (who posts on this board all the time) (http://www.coinvanish.com). He has a great coins across routine using a flipper. He also has a section on the DVD that discusses his attitude about flippers (didn't like them) before Jamie Schoolcraft (http://www.schoolcraftprecisionmagic.com) encouraged (convinced) him to try one of the ones he makes. This section on the DVD is an interview with Jamie Schoolcraft.

I have one of these flippers, and it's incredible.

My vote goes for BOTH.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper or shell? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL