The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Favicon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Steve, the only thing the Magic Café is missing is a favicon. That's the little icon that appears in the location bar of your web browser when you visit a site. It also appears beside the site's name in your bookmarks list.

The great thing is, you don't even have to do anything to make it appear. You just upload a file (in ICON format) named 'favicon.ico' to your ISP. That's it. It appears automagically the next time someone visits the site.

I've taken the liberty of creating one based on the Café coffee cup; unfortunately, it can't be attached to this message because of the filetype restriction, and I can't put it on my own site for you to take because it will overwrite my own favicon. I've attached a jpg so you can see about what it looks like. if you want to use it, just sent me an email and I'll forward it to you.

I hope you'll use it, or at least will add one of your own design.

Click here to view attached image.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
You know, I was just about to create this same topic. So in the spirit of agreement: Ditto!

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I made my own coffe cup icon ages ago but of course it only works on the machine that has that icon associated with the Café. It would be great to have this appear on other computers as well.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
SharksFan85
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SharksFan85
I was thinking of the same thing. I'm relatively new here (this might be my first post, I don't know, I like to lurk...), but a favicon would be great! As of right now, tMC is the only site on my personal toolbar that doesn't have an icon. It may be the Monk in me, but I've got to have an icon! Hope it works out, thanks.

-A.
SharksFan85
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SharksFan85
Here's a sample icon that could be used, the jpeg of it anyway, made from the MC main logo.

Click here to view attached image.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I am surprised that, four years on, there is still no favicon for Magic Café.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Favicon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL