The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Self Crushing (Coke) Can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aloy
View Profile
New user
Singapore
36 Posts

Profile of Aloy
I hope this is the right section to ask this.

Is there any existing effects/gimmicks that can let a magician cause a can to crush by itself?
Actually, specifically, the can crushes itself just sitting on the table without the magician touching it.
But if there's any variations of a somewhat smiliar effect that anyone knows of, I would be most grateful for the information too.

If there's an existing effect, can please advice on the inventor, effect name, and source where it's published and/or which dealer it's currently available from?

Cheers
Aloy
View Profile
New user
Singapore
36 Posts

Profile of Aloy
Perhaps I should explain myself.

I think I may have come up with a method to the above mentioned effect.
Did I really come up with something new? Or is this like the dozen other time where my ignorance is giving me much bliss?
Aloy
View Profile
New user
Singapore
36 Posts

Profile of Aloy
From the lack of replies, am I right to assume that nobody can remember anything the achieve this effect?
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
My method was published back in MUM in or around 1985, I doubt I even have a copy of it anymoer but if youw ant to chat about PM me.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
I remember the method from the MUM! That was a teriffic idea. I used it for a few years in my comedy club act in the late 1980s.

I'm certain I have a copy of that issue filed away someplace.

Levent
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I came up with my own rather straight forward version of this, slightly different from what's mentioned in the original post though as the can self crushed as it was resting in/on my hand. I used it for years until a cleaner in a hotel I was working at threw it away thinking it was an ordinary can Smile .... and never got around to making up another one.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Today's soda cans are so thin, you could pull them flat with just a string inside.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I'm not sure if this is the same idea as yours, but I just recently saw an ad for a soon-to-be-released trick (DVD) called "Emptied," by Paul Kostrach, to be marketed by Black's Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Self Crushing (Coke) Can (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL