The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silk reel gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
There is a kind of winder/reel that I have seen used recently. Lee eun goeyl and kenji minemura both use it in their acts. It is some sort of hand held device that quickly rolls up a silk into the performers hand. The effect is such that it appears the silk is getting sucked up into the hand. This is NOT a pull or locking reel type effect where the silk is pulled into a sleeve or similar, The gimmick rolls the silk up. If anyone knows the name of this gimmick or who makes it please let me know. thanks.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Anyone?
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Are they using a "silk to billiard ball"? This item does what you describe.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Having just viewed the video in the above posting, I do not see any reel used in is act. I think you are mistaken as to the method.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Yes I believe silk to billiard ball uses a mechanism like this. Does anyone still make that effect. Also, wmhegbli, In kenji minemura's act you can see the winder used as the red silk gets "sucked" to the picture of the rose. In Lee eun goeyls act he uses the gimmick near the beginning, as a white silk is sucked into the hand he simultaneously produces a bird via invisible harn***. I know this is not a birdcage style pull or ringflight style pull becuase these pulls would not acheve the same effect. I spoke to both kenji and lee about it on separate occasions, but they seemed to have difficulty describing the gimmick in english. Kenji did say that it is readily available in japan.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I believe the item you're looking for is refered to as a "Wind-less". I've seen the model that looks like a billiard ball, so you can show it afterward. I believe others are more egg-shaped and meant to be like a pull.

I suggest you try http://www.ronallesimagic.com to look for one. Or maybe http://www.ktmagic.com

Ron
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I guess the best way to find out, being you spoke to these performer is to contact them again and get a source. As many of the items from Japan do not make it to the USA.

UGM may be a good source to try. They never answered my email, but you could try going through Mark Stevens of Stevens Magic. They have a very close relationship with the owner of UGM and may get some results. You may have to give a more detailed discription to get what you are looking for.

http://www.stevensmagic.com
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
This is also the question I want to ask here in the Café a while ago about that effect when a silk is like put in a reel, I like effect of the gimmick. hope I can know the name of the mechanism that is used.

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Thanks for the help everyone.
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
I have a silk to billiard ball gimmick in mint condition somewhere in with my magic items. If this turns out to be your last resort, I might be willing to part with it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Look thru the Encyclopedia of Silk Magic books.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There was a automatic silk to BB made by Viking, but as most of these winding devices they can only use a 12" silk. I just checked Viking site, they no longer have it on their web site. Emil Viking and see if they can still provide.

You could email Owen Magic, they use to make a automatic silk to BB. Another dealer to ask is Stevens Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silk reel gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL