The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
It would be a great benefit for an option to reply to private messages. It's kind of a pain having to memorize perfectly someone's name to reply to their message. Also having the message at the bottom of the reply page would make it easier to go back and forth when writing a PM in response to one.

Jonathan Grant
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Jonathan,

There is a reply button. It's right under the message.

Sable

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I'll have to look into that idea - but I think it would take some major rewriting of the scripts that govern the PM functions to add a copy of the PM on the same page as the reply box.

For now, what I usually do is right click on the reply link and open it in a new window. I switch between the two windows and refer to the original message that way while composing my reply. Not a perfect solution, but it works!

One other thing I do that may help you - if I'm sending a PM to someone new, I copy and paste their username from one of their posts and put it in the "Recipient Username:" box. That way there are no errors in the name.

:patty: Mary B.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
OK here is another of Uncle Tom's Tricks (aren't nephews great?):

To use the message in your PM reply, either hit the quote button or highlight and copy the text of the PM, then hit the reply button, then paste the text into your reply.

You can erase it as you reply. Beats poppin' back and forth between windows.

Just tryin' to make life as easy as possible so there is more time for magic. Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Good one, Tom! I keep forgetting about that quote button... Smile

Smile Mary B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL