The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ask for HELP!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I ordered the Nemo1500 from a web site which I saw in the Café on May, but till today, I still cannot receive, nor contact to the people who works for that web site.

The guy who I sent e-mails to is called Paul Stone, and when I first e-mail him and told him I ordered it on May, he said he was in Las Vegas, and he said the trick should have already been sent out. I was surprised, because I couldn't receive it till the end of June. And NOW, it's 14th July, I have still been sending him e-mails, but he stopped reply me at all. His e-mail is qualityevents@aol.com , anyone who has the same experience?

Please help. I really can't stand it.
Yours,
Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Paul Stone is a reputable and honest magician/producer/dealer.

I think you've just got to remain patient and get back in touch again and wait for a response.

I realise it's very frustrating, but you haven't been ripped-off which is, I hope, of some reassurance to you.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Remain patient? At those prices and waiting two months? I would not be happy. Time to demand a refund. Then turn around and order the same thing from Stevensmagic.com

They deliver pretty fast.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Perhaps the package was lost in the mail somewhere beween the UK and Hong Kong and beyond Paul's control; for an international shipment, a dealer is going to tell you to sit and wait until a lengthy time has passed. (I had to wait a whole month for the non-arrival of an item from the US before getting a refund, on a service that normally takes 5 - 8 days.

Anyway, I do sympathise. I know I'd find it difficult to remain patient. I'm sure you'll hear from Paul Stone and he will put things right. (He'd be happy for you to go to Stevens Magic as well, I'm sure, as it's still his product.)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Pul stone should either refund the money or reship the item
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Prime example of why pre-ordering is a bad idea. I have done it once and I will only do it once.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 09:51, Daniel Lander wrote:
Perhaps the package was lost in the mail somewhere beween the UK and Hong Kong and beyond Paul's control; for an international shipment, a dealer is going to tell you to sit and wait until a lengthy time has passed. (I had to wait a whole month for the non-arrival of an item from the US before getting a refund, on a service that normally takes 5 - 8 days.

Anyway, I do sympathise. I know I'd find it difficult to remain patient. I'm sure you'll hear from Paul Stone and he will put things right. (He'd be happy for you to go to Stevens Magic as well, I'm sure, as it's still his product.)

Lost shipment or otherwise, the lack of communication seems unacceptable. At least let the customer know what is going on.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 11:36, bobbyk wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 09:51, Daniel Lander wrote:

Lost shipment or otherwise, the lack of communication seems unacceptable. At least let the customer know what is going on.

Yep, I accept all that and won't argue at all.

I think I was just trying to reassure the original poster that Paul Stone isn't some chancer or fly-by-night, and that he can be trusted, at a time when the poster might be having the worrying thoughts that he'd kissed goodbye to his money.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 11:10, chichi711 wrote:
Prime example of why pre-ordering is a bad idea. I have done it once and I will only do it once.

This wouldn't have been a pre-order.

Most probably lost by a carrier in the mail system somewhere.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
It has been a long time, and it is expensive (for me), and I replied no e-mails at all to tell me what happened either. However, finally, today, it arrived to my house. I am happy now, but I am a little unhappy with the wait, and no reply...
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
I have similar unpleasant experience in the past. The best way is to contact your bank/visa card company and arrange a refund. It will be handy if you got the invoices, bank statement and the emails ready and made a copy to your visa card company.

Refund usually will take only a few days. If the other side do not have a counter action within 60 days, then thing is settled.

Hopes this help
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ask for HELP!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL