The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Influences? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hello, Banachek, and thanks for being our guest!

If you had to list your top two or three greatest influences on your work (as in people, not books, etc) who would they be?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Well, actually this is a pretty easy one to answer. When I started, I only knew about Geller and Randi. So as a direct result, in a strange sort of way, I was influenced by both of these people. Of course, I followed my own route.

In fact, it was this lack of knowledge of other performers and their techniques that caused me to invent my own versions of things I had heard that had been done before.

My first book was Henry Hays' Amateur Magicians Handbook. Next book was the Dictionary of Mentalism. Then the next book was The Handbook of Mental Magic by Marvin Kaye.

Now I know you said not to use books, but it truly was the skeptic books that influenced my thoughts the most, Randi, Melbourne Christopher and the like.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Influences? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL