The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Trying To Locate Song Title (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Greetings,

I have been trying to locate the song title to a piece of music. I believe it is a classical piece. Greg Frewin used it in "World's Greatest Magic" 1 and it was used during a video montage for "Houdini: Unlocking His Secrets." It has been used many other times and any help would be appreciated.

Note: This is not for my act; I just enjoy the music but cannot locate a title or anyone who has heard it before.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
If memory serves me correctly, much of the music used in the WGM specials was composed and created by Gary Ouellette, to avoid any copyright issues. I don't remember the particular sequence so I can't speak as to whether this is the case or not.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I once heard this song at a traveling circus in the last year or so which is what leads me to believe that it is classical. I also believe it was used in a commercial several years ago.

I tried contacting Greg Frewin directly several months ago but never got a response back. Hopefully someone recognizes it.

Thanks again!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I will have to go back through the WGM specials to know for sure, but Gary Ouelette often took existing songs, kept the same rhythms, and rearranged the notes. This made the songs sound familiar but, like Nick said, it must have avoided the copyright issues.

Amos McCormick

P.S. The song sounds vaguely like the theme from Cirque du Soleil's "Nouvelle Experience". This is a perfect example of what I am referring to above.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
"Eclipse" from "Nouvelle Experience" is the song I am looking for it is just toned down slightly from the WMG version.

Thank you Amos!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Is Eclipse the name of the song or is Nouvelle Experience the name of it.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Nouvelle Experience is the name of the show (and the CD). Eclipse is the song title.

Amazon has it for $4.44.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I'm getting ready to pick one up. I was hoping Napster or iTunes carried it but they seem to have every CD except for "Nouvelle Experience." Thanks again Amos.
magicpetro7
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magicpetro7
If you have a bit torrent like utorrent, you can download it...I personally have been a fan of Greg and have been using this music for my stage routine for about 6 months, give or take and it works wonders!!!
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Just be careful, generally the people sharing/seeding the files on BitTorrent Networks and other P2P networks do not have the rights to distribute songs (Or almost anything) for free or pay. In those circumstances, you are guilty of stealing. So make sure that the music you download is directly approved to be released for free by the artist and their label. iTunes is a much better alternative to P2P networks and BitTorrent because the artists are putting their music there for the express purpose of it being downloaded (usually for only $0.99, although there are some free songs).

Another thing to be cautious of: Owning songs (By purchasing them legally) does not give you explicit right to use them in a public performance. Certain public uses are fine, but many others can get you into legal trouble down the line.

Be careful.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Trying To Locate Song Title (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL