The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Baxt's newspaper tear (another question) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Hi all, I'm thinking to come back with a newspaper restoration. I already own the Anderson's version. Even if the set up takes a little bit of time, I like this version because you can page throught ''all'' the pages of the newspaper. I understand the Baxt's version takes much less time to set up however, is it possible to page throught all pages of the newspaper before and after the restoration?

Thanks!

Johnny
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
Johnny,
No....but, when done properly, you give the effect of paging through them all.
The Baxt does work great. It's a terrific method for times when you don't have the supplies and time to make the Anderson version.
I've been using the Baxt in my stage show and it has worked quite well. There's a weight issue and I believe this subject has been covered in another post....but....anyway, you have to work with it a bit in order to get the feel for the weight distribution but again, I'm quite pleased with it.
I also like the fact that it gives tons of credit to Gene Anderson....as it should.
Good luck
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Thanks, that's what I thought. Although I'm sure that it's pretty good, I really still want to page through the entire newspaper, so I think I'm better to stay with Anderson's even if the prep is longer... it is worth the effect.

Johnny
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Robert Baxt's "Improved Newspaper Tear" IS the Gene Anderson tear.
The difference is in the Improved gimmick.
No more mess and a fast set up time.
Daniel Faith
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The version I got was the "Better Newspaper Tear" and I was not happy with it. Mostly becuase it was hyped as a "hilarious" presentation and obviously a "better" tear.
There was still a setup though less indeed than the Anderson tear.
But not being able to page thru made it a worse tear, not better, and not providing any presentation at all didn't seem very hilarious at the time.... especially for the price.

Now it might be hilarious for him that he got my money but I was left very disapointed. And I don't mind spending good money on props. If you want to take a shortcut you might as well get Joel Bauer's 10 second tear. That one I liked and I could stomach the price.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Robert was not changing the tear. Only the gimmick.
It works out quite well for me. But I made my own presentation.
Frank, you should contact him if you are unhappy with it.
Daniel Faith
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You don't like setup time? Check out Pat Page's 10-Second Paper Tear (and then Alan Shaxon's IMPROVEMENT... still fast setup).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I sold it pronto and was, once again, happy.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
With a little adjustment in the folding and the number of pages (I now show "four" pages to the audience, versus the 2 pages in the original Baxt package), YOU CAN PAGE THROUGH the newspaper using the Baxt method.

Robert Baxt was so customer-friendly he sent me a new instruction on how to do this trick using four pages.

Ony Carcamo, PHILIPPINES
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Baxt's newspaper tear (another question) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL