The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Getting the Rabbit in the Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I can't seem to get my rabbit to want to go in my rabbit wringer. I've tryed everything from treats to plain old putting him in there. He just jumps out and squirms away. What should I do?

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Gideon,

Make sure your load chamber is large enough to hold the size rabbit you have. Also just go slow and easy when trying to put the rabbit in the load box, this will make the rabbit feel a little more comfortable as you get him use to his new responsiblty in your show.

Don
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
I had a similar challenge. I put a little rolled up newspaper in the bottom and a a piece of cloth on top of that for comfort. OK, so I spoil my partners.
I also put a small brass latch on top. It served the purpose and looks great.
Max
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
The problem is, he jumps out of my hand and kicks the second he sees it.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Rabbits are not, by nature, afraid of tight spaces. So he is frightened by the box for some other reason, you have to get him used to the box (load chamber.)

Try putting his favorite food in there and keep the chamber open. The food (or treat) will get him to feel safe about the chamber in time. It will need you to keep putting him down on the food (gently) for him to feel safe.

Once he understands the chamber is a safe place, you can go on with things.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Getting the Rabbit in the Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL