The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Something new? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hi guys I was watching some tube this morning (you tube that is) watching a vid posted on another forum.

I have never seen this before (gosh that sounds so lame) but wondered if anyone else had? It’s really funny it’s …………… wait for it …………………

It’s a DOUBLE straight jacket escape! Well a double with a difference,

The link is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=amf5aRoOoFE

Of course there is easily a chance that this has been done for a long time and I just look like a Wet Nelly now!

But I thought it looked fun and like a “real challenge”. And an excellent choice of music!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Yes, I saw it done live last year at cannon's convention. It can be a wonderful effect.

Years ago, Steve Baker did that stunt upside down on the Dock Clark show.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
Cliff,

That was the"Dick Clark Live" TV show!

I performed the first"Double Straight jacket"escape,
with a burning rope on that show in 1978!

Steve
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
DID you watch the clip? I did say double with a difference!

There are 2 performers in the jacket rather than 2 jackets. Quite amusing to watch! And kind a kinky – possibly not a family show?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
No, I guess I did not see that one. Sounde fascinating though.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Did Robert Gallup not do a double straitjacket escape from the see through box too?

Would hav liked to have seen the burning rope one Steve.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
You're right Wolfie. Robert did that in the glass box in London a couple of years ago, I know, I was there!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hey Dave, nice site and well produced promo tape by the Flying Cat Circus. I don’t know if they are still around. The “double” straightjacket (two in one) had been done before by a couple of different acts. The acts played the rock concert circuit and the small college circuits. I saw this group in 2000 or so. They were high energy, fun, and funny. They put on a good show!

Interestingly, almost every routine that they did was lifted from someone else. Balancing the flaming grill, razor blade trick, the balloon dog card-sword bit, and reading poetry to accompany an escape were all done by others first amongst others. Heck they even lifted one of Harry Anderson’s bits with the thumb tie (he used handcuffs but it was still his routine!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Mick! You lucky b******. Would have liked to have been there to watch that. Ian McColl sent it to me along with a lot of other Escapes on a Video. Loved it. (Especially his comment to D Blaine. :o))

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Wolflock

Why is Mick a lucky Balloon? I assume it balloon as ther is no cusing here Smile and I don't know an curses!

How do you feel like sharing that video of escapes? I need to develop my presentation skills. I don't want to lift one thing ..... but I did like the reading the Dr Zuse (SP) to the SJ escape.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I unfortunately don't have the abilities to record from video tape to video tape Dave. Only from CD or DVD to Cd or DVD. But I am sure if you ask Ian McColl Nicely he will do one for you.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Wolfie....Why are you calling me a baloon, (or is it babboon?)

If you look carefully at the Robert Gallup video, I'm the guy in the middle lighting the flaming spikes. I also shout "Fire ready!"

Don't blink, you'll miss it!

Mick
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Ah! Is that you. *** man. didn't know. LOL I have to call someone a balloon or babboon (although I am not sure why a ballon) but a baboon is part of our country. :o)
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Something new? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL