The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Scientific Matter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Gentlemen
Looking for advice and opinion.
I perform an effect referenced above and premised on the subject of matter...solids, liquids and gas. I joke that it didn't really matter at that stage ife and describe the typical ice cube experiment that we all did in school. I've explian as a magician I've been able simulate the experiment with a borrowed dollar bill.

I start by heating the bill to soften towards melting point and demonstrate liquid properties by performing 1/2 silver dollar thru paper dollar, switch out and go into pen through dollar, the Perfect Pen.

I then heat the dollar a bit more and go into a mismade bill indicating the bill has reached total liquid state and has turned inside out. I then blow on the bill to coll it a tounch to bring it back to melting point the original state and then have the bill signed.

I heat a bit more and explian that the bill will reach gas characterics after the dollar boils to a gas and transposition bill into bill tube. It's always been a knock out routine for me with great impact.

My questions are:

One
I recently added in the the coin through dollar and wonder if it's too much. I only do one stab with the pen because it's slippery to do other moves so phase I is prompt and thought a second pentration with different item could add impact. I have'nt tested enough to form an opinion and count on some comments.

Two
I'm considering after many years of using the matching bill in pen which I understand is no longer manufactured. You know how you collect things over the years with the idea finally hits. It's identicle to the perfect pen and I guess I felt out of my comfort zone to give it a shot. Bill tube is pretty simple.

The question is what effect would have more impact. Signed bill into the pen they inspected and witnessed penetrating the bill or the bill tube transposition?

I would greatly appreciate as much feedback as possible. The routine has been a favorite of mine for many years and I'm looking to take my effects to the next level.
Thanks in advance.
Ken
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Is there a spell check function? I reached the bewitching hour.
Have a great night.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi Ken,

I would stick with the theme of ordinary objects and use the signed bill into the pen. Nicely routined, though. I need to connect my bill effects better, so you've got me thinking. I use pen-thru-dollar as a test to see if the borrowed bill is real -- lots of room for humor there....

Thanks,
Duane
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi Ken,

I would stick with the theme of ordinary objects and use the signed bill into the pen. Nicely routined, though. I need to connect my bill effects better, so you've got me thinking. I use pen-thru-dollar as a test to see if the borrowed bill is real -- lots of room for humor there....

Thanks,
Duane
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Duane
Thanks for feed back. Keep me I loop on your work. I would love to hear about the progress.
Ken

I'm moving this post to table hoppers with the hope of getting more action.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Scientific Matter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL