The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape type comedy idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I have a comedy idea here what I thought.i have my assitent out in the audience yes a stooge but that what make this funny. he just starts interrupting me and I call for security and they take him up to the stage. I start talking to him and he just starts doing comedy stuff. I say I want to you to come and see something I get him into a straight jacket put him in to a trunk with a bag and close up the trunk. on the from it says mailing trunk send to somewhere. so it goes behind a curtian. after that I see a hand come out telling me to come over so I do. I go behind he take me pulls me in and he come out I am gone in the trunk he walks out all in seconds. what do you think? maybe I am just dreaming but I thought I would ask.
Any idea would be helpful.
mike
Scotty Mills
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mills
Wow!
Very clever, personally would have never thought of it but it would be very very funny. Great ending to!!
Great Idea! Thanks for the post

Scotty
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It is a very interesting idea and similar to one that Mark Tripp published some time ago.

It is not an escape per se but rather a magic illusion. What you have done is reframed the Sub Trunk
Routine (as you well know). As soon as the substitution is made the audience will know that your “spectator” is part of the show.

It will play very well and you should go for it.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Thanks I came up with that all my own. I have very imagitive imagination. so maybe I will do thanks for you help I appreciated it. I think the only part is that I am going to have a hard time is getting into the straight jacket fast. anyone have any ideas of what I could use instead or how fast you could get in one.
thanks
mike
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Mike I'm not sure how fast one can get into one. but I do know of a Magic Historian. who has seen a Act where the person inside the sub trunk was in the StraitJacket. and they used the sj for like the handcuffs. D,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape type comedy idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL