The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mirror backed cards?.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Question.....I want to make some mirror-backed cards.....What material is best for this?.........
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
What is it being used for??
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Mylar is silver and reflective. I've also found some thin flexible, cut-able mirrors at a Japanese dollar store called "Daiso." It probably would help to know what your plan is in order to know if I have given you useful advice here. That said, I've never actually used either of these items to create mirror cards (heck... I've never made any mirror cards, period), so take this for what it's worth.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks.....A hobby store may be the place I should look....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Do you need a perfect mirror or just a kind of silver foil that reflects poorly your image? If it is the latest tou can find rolls of adhesive "silver" paper looking like the tapes that are used to cover school books.
I have a roll of it, way too big for me. You can drop me a PM if you want.
Jonathan.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Neil Lester (cardsbymartin.com) makes them.

Robert
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
I sell adhevise mirror labels that are custom made for Poker sized playing cards. You will find them at http://www.diamond-jim.com/mirrors

They were created to accompany my DVD entitled MIRRORS that has several routines using mirrors and playing cards.

Hope this helps.

All good things,
Diamond Jim Tyler
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks guys for the great tips...I found some stuff at the hobby store that will pass for mirrors......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mirror backed cards?.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL